Monday, July 14, 2014

The Hospital

I love pretty much every minute of my hospital time after having a baby.  I love that there is so much time for me to spend one on one with my new little bundle.  I love that people bring me water, meds, food, and check on my health, so I don't have to worry about anything except bonding with my baby, and figuring out breastfeeding.  You'd think breastfeeding would be a breeze since I'd done it twice before... but I've determined it will never be easy.  It will always hurt in the beginning, it will always take some figuring out... even still, I know it is worth it.  I love that I don't have to worry about laundry, picking up clothes, putting kids to bed, making sure everyone is eating... all of my responsibilities disappear for 2 days.  It's so relaxing, and I love just cuddling with my newborn baby- smelling her, kissing her, and feeling the veil from Heaven being so thin.  If I could stay at the hospital longer, I would.  Every time I drive by the hospital, I can't help but think about those 6 days (2 for each kid) of heaven I spent there.  It really has a special place in my heart.  









Sydney could not get enough of Ruby.  She is in almost every picture, because she always needed to be standing by her, kissing her, touching her, and looking at her.  It was adorable.  I am so happy that they both have a sister!

















Cooper loved Ruby, but he couldn't get enough of all the food, treats, and drinks at the hospital.  Not surprising since he is always either hungry or thirsty!




Matt took the kids to church on Sunday morning, and came over to the hospital after.  I snapped a few pictures of them all admiring Ruby.  It about made my heart burst, watching my little family all together, just loving one another.







One of the nurses made this little ruby-red name card for Ruby.  I just loved gazing over at her in her bassinet with her little red bow and her little red name card.  Perfection.



No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed