Monday, July 21, 2014

September: Life with a Newborn

September was a crazy month for us as we tried to navigate life with a newborn.  I figured out how to nurse Ruby and help Sydney with homework at the same time... to try and multitask as much as possible.  Adjusting to Ruby, or a 3rd baby wasn't very difficult, but adjusting to having a Kindergartner proved to be my struggle.  It was hard to adjust to having school every day, and to having a lot of homework every day.  Sydney was placed in a 3rd grade reading level, which meant she went to 3rd grade for her reading class.  She was able to read and comprehend at that level, but there were workbooks with questions she had to answer, and this homework would take us hours.  She didn't have the fine motor skills, or the grammar skills to write and answer the questions without help.  Needless to say, Kindergarten, was much harder than a 3rd baby.  Luckily, we spent hours nursing, so since we multitasked and did homework at the same time, it all worked out.  Not only were we adjusting to Sydney's academics, we were adjusting to having her in piano lessons, and helping her practice her piano daily, and she was in soccer.  We definitely kept busy with Sydney's schedule!  I was happy to have a nice phone camera with a new baby... which helped us capture a lot of little, every day, sweet moments.  I love these candid pictures, because they so perfectly portray life with a newborn!


It really hit me that we had 3 kids when we were in the car... all three of them were asleep at this time... which was rare even in the middle of the night!  We just kept driving around until one of them woke up... haha!

September 11th... Ruby's due date.  So happy she came when she did, even if it wasn't according to my plan!


Sydney was such a great helper... I love that she could hold Ruby while I showered!

little smiles

Our cousins came to town when Ruby was two weeks old.  We had a blast hanging out with them for the short time they were here!

Ruby and Benson... 2 weeks apart

Annika, Sydney, and Bailey... soccer buddies!

I ventured out to target with all three kids in tow, and it was a disaster.  Good thing I got this cute picture after, so I could remember I still loved them!


Getting more comfortable with holding Ruby.  Cooper was so funny, and couldn't remember her name.  He called her Paisley for weeks!

"Mommy, watch me transform into a turtle!"

It made my morning, when Cooper "transformed into a turtle.  Poor kid is my low maintenance one right now- but we had some one on one time for a few minutes this morning, which was so fun to laugh at his silly transformation.  


We had our streets repaved in the neighborhood, and couldn't drive on them.  One advantage of having to walk across the neighborhood to get to the car was it helping wake me up after sleepless nights, and gave me a little exercise.  I couldn't resist taking this cute picture of Cooper!



Rub a dub dub... 3 kids in a tub!

Go Cougars!


First Dress!

We found a HUGE pumpkin!


Mariano Rivera retired.  We spent a season watching ceremonies and celebrations honoring him.  It was a sad day to see him pitch for the last time... baseball will never be the same.

"Mom, Ruby isn't hungry anymore... I got her binky and gave her some toys and now she's happy!" And she really did stop crying.  Maybe I need to try the toy thing more often... haha

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed