Monday, July 28, 2014

Thanksgiving in AZ!

We headed down to Arizona for Thanksgiving again this year.  My grandparents recently moved there, so it was really fun to go down there and see them... we sure miss having them close!  We stayed with Brian and Maggie again, and Sydney and Cooper just loved playing with all the kids!  We were able to go to lunch at Kelli's house, and we even got to stay at Chris and Lisa's house for a day! We had a great time, and kind of want to make it a tradition to go every year!




I love these pictures of Ruby with my grandpa.  He is the greatest man I know.  I look up to him so much, and I'm so glad I have these pictures of him holding Ruby.







Ruby was so happy to be out of the car, after 24 hours of traveling, and into clean jammies.  She has been cooing and jabbering a lot, and we got the cutest little video of her.





Playing with cousins at Tyler's basketball game.





And another picture with cousins at the movie theater.  Sydney was in heaven with all of these girls to play with!






Preparing the turkeys...







It was really cool... some people in my uncle's stake dug a huge ditch, and we took our turkey's over there and put them in the ditch to cook over night... such neat pictures, and the turkey tasted great!  It reminded me of trek as a youth when we had to kill and pluck our own turkey, and we buried it in the ground... except there was no killing or plucking this time, so that was much better!






I love my cousins!






I am so grateful for so many blessings... I know Heavenly Father has blessed me so much in my life.  But at the very top of the list are these 4.  I love them with all of my heart.  I am so grateful for this little family of mine, and I feel so lucky that we can be together forever.  -Thanksgiving Day, 2013




Our last day in Arizona we stayed at Chris and Lisa's house.  They barely moved there, so we added a day and planned to see them.  The kids had a blast with their cousins, and we went to a Christmas Parade.  I had never heard of a Christmas Parade before, but I guess when you live somewhere with nice weather, you can do parades in the winter... haha.  We loved spending time with Chris and Lisa's family, and it was especially fun to see Ruby and Benson together.









Ready for the drive home.... We laughed at Cooper's pillow placement.





On the way home, we thought it would be fun to show the kids all the lights on The Strip, since it was dark.  It ended up being the worst idea ever... traffic was horrendous and it took us an hour and a half just to get from the freeway exit, to the next freeway entrance.  Cooper liked that the Statue of Liberty was "standing on a piece of cake"... haha







Snapped this picture of Daddy with Ruby while we took a break from driving...




Arizona is one of our favorite places.  We love seeing all of our family and friends there.  It is definitely on my list of "approved places to move to."

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed