Friday, May 28, 2010

8 Months!!!

8 Months! Once again, another month has flown by! Cooper is such a fun and happy baby, and is loving life right now. He loves food, and has never not liked any type of baby food. The other day Matt gave him a taste of a popsicle. It was so funny to watch Cooper beg for more. Matt folded pretty easily, and then the popsicle became Cooper's. He is so close to crawling! He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth, and sometimes he even gets up on his hands and toes, like a push-up. He almost always has his legs stuck under something- a couch, bed, etc, from pushing himself around backwards into things. It is so fun to watch his little brain try to figure out how to get to something he wants. Cooper will not ever sit still! I'll sit him on his bum, and he'll go into a crawling position, and either push backward or roll around the room. So he is constantly hitting into things, which is funny because it is so 'boy' to me. However, if I am holding him, he will still cuddle, which I love! We have finally stopped swaddling him when he sleeps, so now he rolls around the crib, and ends up in all sorts of different places. It is funny to see where he'll be when he wakes up. Cooper is very ticklish! I can tickle him anywhere- feet, legs, tummy, neck, back- and he squirms and laughs and laughs!

I have moments every day, when I wish I could stop time. I sure love my 2 year old Sydney and how fun and energetic she is, and I look forward to having Cooper grow up, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE kissing his big, chubby, baby cheeks. I love listening to his little jabbering, da-da-da-da, or mommmmma, mommmma when he cries. I love rocking him in the rocking chair, and feeling his soft baby skin, and smelling his yummy baby smell. It would be so nice to be able to bottle that smell, that touch, and that feeling, so I could have that moment any time I wanted! Those moments sure make all the hard times worth it!

This is the best picture I've been able to get of Cooper's eyes. On our computer, when it is close up, you can see his "petals" a little bit, but it still doesn't quite give them justice.







Trying to crawl



sleeping



a quick shot of sitting, but you can see his foot is starting to tuck under and he's leaning forward, so he's getting on his hands and knees


I love this picture, because it just seems to capture what Cooper is often like. In the middle of a roll, with a huge smile on his face! He's always either sucking in his bottom lip, or smiling. Both are cute but we sure love his smiles!

1 comment:

Halvorsen Family said...

He is soooo cute! He looks just like you. :) It's always so fun to see all the BIG milstones. Hope all is well.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed