Monday, May 10, 2010

1 Week!!!

Well you would think that after a great weekend this LONG Monday would be a little more bearable! We did have a great weekend though! Matt won some Sugarland tickets at work, and was able to switch his schedule with someone, so we got to have a DATE NIGHT on Friday! We went to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and then walked over to the concert! It was so fun to get out and spend some time together. The concert was fun and made me feel like a teenager again (ha ha!) Thanks Allie for babysitting!


On Saturday, Matt had the day off work. We slept in and hung around our house for a little while. Then we went to Brett's baseball games, which they dominated in and won both! It was nice to spend some time outside and watch some baseball! Speaking of baseball, the Yankees killed the Red Sox twice this weekend :) and yes they lost once, but I'll take 2 out of 3!

Then of course Sunday was Mother's Day. When we woke up, Matt and the kids gave me a present. Some chocolates and a new paper cutter- I lost my paper cutter when we moved, so it will be really nice to have one! It was so thoughtful of them to think of that! We went to church in my family's ward, because my parents and Allie were speaking in Sacrament Meeting. We only attended one meeting, because as soon as we got home from Sacrament Meeting, my brother Tim called!!! It was so good to talk to him! He got to talk for about 2 hours! Then we went home for some naps, and got to talk to Alex! We didn't get to talk to him as long as Tim, but it was great to hear him and Matt speaking Spanish together! Tim and Alex both had accents (after only 7 months) and it was so fun to hear more about their missions and how they were doing! We sure love our missionary brothers! We miss them a lot, but we know that they are doing what they need to be doing at this time and are so proud of them! Sydney prays for them every night, "Bless Timmy and Alex on missions, be safe!" I am so grateful to them for their examples to my kids! After we talked to Alex we ate dinner with my family, and made some visits to our grandparents' houses. It was a busy day, but it is always so nice to spend time with family and visit! Couldn't have been a better day! I am so grateful to be a mother! I have always dreamed of having kids and being a mom. Sometimes I can't believe I am actually living my lifelong dream! My darling little kids and my husband mean everything in the world to me! And of course I am so grateful for my mom! She is an amazing mother, and I am always trying to be more like her!

It is 8:00 right now, and Matt won't be home from work for about another hour. This work schedule is getting old, and Monday's seem to be especially hard. Luckily, we only have ONE MORE WEEK of this work schedule. Next week Matt will start a new schedule- 8:00 to 4:30!!! I have been so excited and seriously can't wait!!! Matt was able to choose his schedule 6th out of 22 people, which was pretty impressive because he is one of the newest people there. He had such good stats that he passed those people up and was able to choose a new shift before them. I am so proud of all that he has accomplished at work this year. He has worked so hard and it has paid off. These past 2 weeks he has been working overtime everyday, and always puts so much effort into his work. His schedule has been really hard, and I am so glad that it is finally changing! We are so excited to be able to see our dad more, eat dinner earlier, get the kids to bed at a decent time, and everything that will come with this new shift! Next Monday, we will be getting the kids to bed at this time, instead of preparing dinner! Hooray!!!

1 comment:

Halvorsen Family said...

That's exciting. It's always nice to have daddy home. :) Then you two can spend more time together. Can't wait for ya! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed