Monday, May 24, 2010

I Looked Out the Window, and What Did I See?

NOT popcorn popping on the apricot tree.... I saw SNOW! Snow on May 24th! Not just a little bit of snow. Snow covering the ground, on the rooftops, and constantly, continually, falling! So much for MAY FLOWERS!


I woke up early today. For those of you who know me, that's not something I do often. But, I was motivated. I wanted to take the kids on a morning walk. I wanted to walk to a park, and play, before nap time, so that I could get more done today. I wanted to take them to the library. I had plans! So I woke up early, to get ready and do some laundry before the kids woke up, so when they woke up we could just do breakfast, and then go on a nice walk. Ooops- I forgot that winter in Utah lasts 9 MONTHS! As long as it takes to grow a baby inside of you! And not only does it last that long, spring (or "still-winter" as we should really call it) likes to have a nice day every once in a while just to tease us. Just to make us think it is going to warm up. I don't like spring very much, because it really isn't very nice! Pools are supposed to open next week! Do you really see us swimming NEXT WEEK? Because I don't. I think I would like to be an animal that hibernates, and misses all of winter. Or maybe moving to Arizona would work?

For a trip down memory lane... I remember one summer that it snowed in June. Yes June. School was out for the SUMMER, and I was working at the pool. Now, who in their right mind would go swimming in the snow? Just in case you are wondering, the answer is NO ONE! No one was at the pool. We had new management that year, so they were very insistent on doing everything right. They made us go up to our stations and sit (or stand) and watch the pool with NOT ONE PERSON IN IT! 9 lifeguards for not one person! The reasoning? Because if people drive by the pool, and there are no lifeguards out, they will think the pool is closed and won't come to swim. HELLO, they won't come to swim because it is SNOWING OUTSIDE! I remember sitting on the stand, in my SWIMMING SUIT, in the SNOW, thinking that we are all insane for living in Utah where it snows in June. I am having that thought today. So much for the park... I guess I'll upload some pictures to the computer, and maybe do another blog post. Maybe by then I'll have calmed down about the snow :)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I can't even tell you how mad I was at this snow. Spitting mad. Fuming. Furious. I NEED some summer sun!!

andrewjenniferbang said...

O' my gosh Jolynn, I totally remember that day at the pool. This is Jennifer Bang if you don't know. Anyway I talked to my mom that day on the phone and she told me it snowed so I told Andrew that same story on your blog. So funny! I guess great minds think alike, and yes I finally found your blog and keep tabs on your cute family:)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed