Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Diddle Diddle Dumpling

Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John
Went to bed with his stockings on;
One sock off and one sock on,
Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John

This nursery rhyme really reminds me of Cooper. He is always pulling his socks off, and either has one, or no socks on! We have a book with this picture in it, and every time we come to this page Sydney says, "It's like Coopy, Mom!"


She's right...

Cooper is 7 months old and I can hardly believe it! He is such a fun baby and is enjoying life more every day as he grows and learns. He sits on his own all the time now, and loves to sit next to Sydney and play with her. One of my favorite things to do is watch and listen to the two of them playing together! He loves to play with toys and of course is at the stage where everything goes into his mouth, which has caused more drooling. When Cooper spots a toy (or phone, or remote control, or something) that he wants, he will find a way to get it. He rolls across our whole apartment, and I often find him under our bed. He gets upset when a wall or piece of furniture stops him from rolling. He will also push himself backward on his tummy (opposite of crawling) to get to places he wants to go. He loves books and is very interested in chewing on them.

Cooper is starting to be more vocal, although he is still quiet compared to Sydney at his age. He has started saying sounds that include da, ma, ga, aaah, and ba. He loves to grunt and make a sort of fake-coughing sound, which is hilarious. He also likes to do the spitting thing, and one of my favorite things is when he gets upset or wants something, he moves his hands around like crazy.

Cooper is still nursing with the addition of solid foods, but for now I am loving our nursing times. He has always been fun to nurse, because every so often he'll stop, look up at me, and smile! (Something Sydney never did, she was all business). I sure love to look into his smiley, blue eyes! The doctor said that his eyes will most likely stay blue. One thing I have never mentioned is how beautiful Cooper's eyes are. (I know, I know, beautiful is not a boy's word, but it's true) Pictures do not do them justice at all. They are unique, and the best way to describe them is by saying he has "flower petals" around his pupils. I absolutely love them and kind of hope they stay that way. Cooper is loving eating solid foods and being involved with us when we eat. He does not like to be alone. He is at the stage where he has separation anxiety and cries whenever one of us walks away from him. I don't blame him, I think sometimes I have separation anxiety too! Believe it or not, even though I feel like I need breaks, it is hard for me to be away from my kids. My grandpa always tells me, "from the moment you conceive your life is forever changed." And it is true. This little guy has changed my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

Tori said...

Oh he is just adorable! I wish I could see a close-up of his eyes. Also..love the Y shirt!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed