Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Girl's Trip!

I met my college room mates and friends in Oceanside CA for a girls trip!  It was such a blast, and so good for my soul to reunite with these girls who are such a part of me.  I did take my nursing baby, and was the only one there with a baby, but she was a gem, so it was all good.  Dayna, Nicole, and I flew on Allegiant out to California, and drove a rental car to the beach house.  Stacie and Chelsey drove from Sacramento, and Kelli, Bekah, and Lena drove from Arizona.  

When we got down to the beach house, we were the first ones there, so Dayna, Code, and I went and ate lunch at Ruby's on the pier.  It was so fun, and brought back memories of going there with Matt when I was pregnant with Ruby.  I think her name was meant to be Ruby... even though at that point we didn't even know a gender... haha!  So of course I wanted to get some pictures of Ruby at Ruby's!








After lunch, the Arizona crew had made it, so we got into the beach house with them, and set up for a surprise birthday party for Stacie.  The girls from AZ brought all the needed party supplies, including Santa beards/hats, bead necklaces, great sunglasses, streamers, balloons, Code's Bundt Cake, and most importantly a Pirate Pinata.  Stacie and Chelsey were the last to arrive, and we surprised Stacie with a pretty great party.  It was a blast!


Kelli, of course, brought some important supplies... her journal from freshman year, and our freshman list of memories.  It was so fun to remember all those times and see really how silly we were.  We sure had a lot of fun, even if we were immature... haha! We slept in, spent time at the beach, went out for ice cream, played games, watched chick flicks, stayed up late, and of course talked, talked, and talked.  On Saturday we drove to La Jolla and ate breakfast at the yummiest place ever... the Cottage.  The food was amazing!  Then we went over to the beach and hung out.  The beach house rental came with kayaks for 4, so Dayna, Kelli, Stacie, and Chelsey went out on those.

I seriously could not stop smiling.  These friends uplift and inspire me, and are so much a part of me that I feel more whole when I am with them.  It was an amazing weekend.  I only wish we could get together more often!








Ruby's first time at the beach!






We saw Anna and Elsa, which made me super excited for Disneyland!  I, of course, sent the kids this picture!


Recreating a picture from their childhood...













Stacie and Kelli went out and tried to ride the waves on these pool floats... it was hilarious.
















Successfully dug a hole for the umbrella.  It was a lot harder than it looks.




Our sand castle
















No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed