Thursday, June 7, 2012

Gardening

We had such a fun time growing our own tomatoes last year, that we really wanted to expand our garden this year... the only problem was the fact that we don't really have a yard this year... we have a tiny little "patch."  I have to applaud ourselves for being pretty creative and resourceful.  This year we planted more in less space, and I'm loving it!  We have a bunch of herbs, strawberries, and 4 tomato plants.  We decided to build a trellis to hang some planters for the herbs and strawberries, and we built a garden box for the tomatoes.  We also learned from our mistake last year, and bought a huge tomato cage instead of a tiny one. The kids were so excited to help plant it all, and have loved watering their plants.  We are excited to see the progress and "fruits" of our labors!








I feel like it makes our "patch" a little more homey and backyardish, and am totally in love with it!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm totally in love with it too! I think that's probably all the garden I could handle, anyway! So fun.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed