Friday, June 8, 2012

Memorial Day

One of my favorite things about Memorial Day is going to the cemetery to visit the graves of our loved ones.  It is always such a nice opportunity to remember them and to tell stories to those who don't remember them.  We were able to meet up with some cousins at my Grandpa McEwan and Uncle Tim's graves.  It was fun to spend some time together while we were there.




After visiting the McEwan graves, the kids and I drove over to Papa's grave.  It was the first time we'd been there since his funeral, so it was a little bit more emotional.  We miss him dearly and the pain can still be so raw sometimes.  The kids drew him some pictures and carried the flowers themselves.  




The headstone looks so beautiful.  I love having the temple on there to remind us that families are forever.





Sydney's card was so sweet, I just had to take a picture...



On the corner of Papa's headstone, there is a sign language "I Love You."  He taught Sydney how to sign I Love You, so she was practicing it while we were there.  Then we taught Cooper to sign it as well.  That sign will always be something special that reminds us of him.



We are so grateful for the special day to remember those we love.  I feel so honored to be able to pass down such a great legacy to my children, and am glad that I can tell them about these great men.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed