Friday, June 8, 2012

Kennecott Copper Mine

A couple of weeks ago a bunch of moms from the neighborhood took their kids to the Kennecott Copper Mine.  We decided to tag along and had a great time!  I remember going there on field trips as a kid, and thinking it was so huge.  I think my favorite part always was the humongous tire.  The kids had fun walking around the visitors center with their friends.  It was pretty crowded with field trips, and a bunch of Asian tourists.  The Asian tourists kept coming up to me and asking if they could take pictures with the kids, then they would crouch down next to them and have their friend take a picture.  It was so funny.  I think they liked seeing all our blonde haired, blue eyed kids more than the copper mine.  Cooper loved seeing all the big trucks, and Sydney liked looking through the microscopes at rocks.  They each picked out a rock to buy and take home.  After we visited the mine, we had lunch at Copperton Park, because that seems to be tradition.  It was fun for me to tell Sydney and Cooper how I used to go there when I was a little kid.







1 comment:

Kelli said...

Okay, I want to see the pictures of your kids with the Asian tourists!! That is so, so funny!! Hahaha.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed