Friday, June 8, 2012

Preschool Graduation

Wow, it's hard for me to believe that Sydney and I not only survived a full year of school, but we really did have a great year, and now it is over.  I am so glad that I made the decision to teach school this year.  It was a good experience for me, and it was nice to be able to save some money for a 2nd car!  It was so fun to watch my students learn and progress... seriously the best thing about being a teacher.  We had our graduation almost a month ago, and it went well.  I loved watching the kids perform their songs and say their parts.  It's always fun to show off what we've been doing.  It was a little sad to have to say goodbye to them after it was over, knowing that most of them I'll probably never see again, but I know they'll all do great in Kindergarten... after all, they had great preschool teachers :)

Sydney did such a good job with her performances.  She knew everything she was supposed to do, and had her part memorized.  It has been so fun to watch her progress this year.  At the beginning of the year she wasn't able to write her name, cut paper, or read... and now she is doing all three of those things (and more) proficiently.  I loved being her teacher and watching her learn, grow, and interact with her peers. She really has learned so much this year, and I'm so proud of her.

Months of the Year... Sydney was July

B-I-N-G-O

The Wiggle Song... the 4 neighborhood kids on the right... Sydney-Ella-Trevin-Daxton
Sydney loves that all the girls dresses are twirling in this picture :)

Sydney reciting her part in "The Night Before Kindergarten." She said it perfectly!

I am presenting Sydney with her diploma, and telling my "favorite" thing about her...
I got a little emotional, which I wasn't expecting!

Finished with her first year of preschool!  And sitting by her good friend Ella, she's going to miss having Ella in her class next year.  Good thing we live close and see each other often!

With Grandma, Tim, and Allie... such great supporters!  And thank you Allie for taking all the pictures :)

With Alex... thanks for coming!

Sydney with her teachers...


We are so looking forward to summer, and I'm afraid it will go by much too quickly!  Next year, I am taking over the preschool and am doing it all on my own.  I'm so grateful to Lindsey for showing me the ropes this year, otherwise I think I'd be going crazy right now!  It was a great year that I'll always remember!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed