Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Conference Weekend

When I was little I really did not like that my birthday was always on/by General Conference.  It made it really hard to have birthday parties, and really, what little kid loves watching 8 hours of "church."  Now, I actually kind of like having my birthday be around conference.  It's nice to be able to relax, listen to the prophet, be with family, get rejuvenated, and make new goals.  I love conference and am always sad when it comes to an end and the last prayer is said.  I have made some new and renewed goals, and am trying to be a better mom, and a happier, healthier person, both physically and spiritually.  It is always nice to be able to refocus.  




With Cooper's birthday being so close to mine, I actually kind of forgot that it was my birthday.  It was pretty low key, as I'm sure birthdays are when you are an adult, but fun.  Matt gave me my present the night before my birthday, basically because he just couldn't wait.  He got me a new outfit for fall/winter that will be great to have!  Thanks Matt for being so thoughtful.  On my actual birthday I stayed at home with my kids and watched conference while Matt worked.  Then while all the guys went to Priesthood Session, I went to Deseret Book "Ladies Night" with my mom, sister, grandma, aunt, and cousin.  After "Ladies Night"  we went to dinner at Zupas.  My dad, brothers, and uncle met us there when they were done.  Then I opened a present from them- a cute shirt that I've already worn twice!  And they treated me to a very yummy dessert.  When we were done with dinner I headed over to Matt's grandparents' house to meet up with him.  It was the first time I'd seen him that day and was 9:00 at night.  We had fun visiting with Matt's extended family, and had cake and ice cream.  I am lucky enough to share a birthday with Papa, so we always have fun celebrating together!  On Sunday, my mom had us over for a birthday dinner.  We had turkey dinner, my favorite, and Holmes Cake and ice cream!  It was fun and perfect!  It's hard to believe that I'm 26.  I feel like that sounds so old, and I don't feel that old.  It's crazy to think that I've known Matt for about 10 years now... THAT'S A LONG TIME!  It makes me feel old to be able to say that, which I know those of you who are older than me will think is crazy.  It's just funny how you don't feel like you are getting older mentally, but you really are.  I am sure that 26 will be a great year for me!  So far I am loving it!

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

I am glad that you had a good birthday! It's funny...once I had kids I just didn't really think about my own birthday as much.

PS I miss Zupas!!!! Enjoy it for me!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed