Monday, November 23, 2009

Cooper's Blessing 11-22-09

Cooper's blessing day was such a special day for our family. Having the opportunity to bless Cooper really makes me so grateful for the priesthood. I am grateful to have a husband who honors and uses his priesthood. I can't help but feel so grateful lately for my family. Having two kids sure is hard, but I feel so blessed to be a forever family and to be raising these two little kids. Heavenly Father sure has blessed us by sending us these two special spirits. Sometimes I can't believe that he chose me to be their mother, and I am honored. Many times I become overwhelmed just thinking about how much I love them. The saying, "I love them so much it hurts" truly applies. I do feel like my heart is going to burst because I love them and my husband so much!

Matt did a great job with Cooper's blessing. He blessed him to have a good relationship with his Father in Heaven. He blessed him to be obedient to his parents and to have good relationships with them and with his older sister. He blessed him to be knowledgeable of the gospel, and to have good health. It is always a neat experience to have a good circle of men blessing our babies. It's neat to look at all of the good examples that Cooper has to follow. I love being surrounded by such great men. We are especially grateful for the examples of our missionary brothers, and we missed having them there. After the blessing, we had a little get-together at Matt's grandparents' house. Nana and Papa are always so generous to let us have get-together's at their house. It was pretty crowded and busy and would not have fit into our little apartment, so a big thank you to them for offering up their home. We are grateful to have such good support from family and friends.






Sydney loves playing at Nana and Papa's house! She had fun playing the piano and singing songs!




Cooper has brought such sweet spirit into our home. He is such a special baby and we all love him so much!

6 comments:

Missy Page said...

What a wonderful day for us all. Thank you for making it possible for us to be there. Cooper is such a sweet good baby, and Sydney is a perfect big sister (she looks after him so well). We love you!

Kelli said...

Oh my gosh...what a cute family you have! I LOVE Sydney's little pig tails! So so cute.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! And I agree--thank goodness for the Priesthood!

Chelsey said...

Oh you have such a sweet family. I am glad that Cooper had a good blessing day. That is such a special time. AND I love Sydney's dress!

Bekah Parker said...

These are all such great pictures. The one with you and Cooper is precious. And I am loving Sydney's dress as well!

sarah e. said...

What a wonderful day! And you all look so classy in black-and-white!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed