Monday, November 9, 2009

Sydney's 2!!!


I can not even begin to explain how lucky and blessed I feel lately. I often find myself thinking about my beautiful kids or my amazing husband. We have been through so much this past year, but I feel like we have grown so much. Many times I feel like I could possibly be the happiest person on Earth. Special events, like our anniversary and Sydney's birthday, really bring back a lot of special memories.

I can't believe that Sydney is 2. She has been such a blessing in my life. I feel so privileged to be her mom. She has such a vibrant personality! I think she is almost always happy. She loves to play with her toys, read her books, and get into things. Lately, she will pretend to make food and bring it to me so I can eat it. Her favorite things to make are "cream," cake, and pizza. She loves animals and knows what almost every animal in the world says. She loves to spot things that she recognizes while we are driving in the car. She spots the billboards of cows, fish, or other animals. There was a billboard near Matt's work that was a fish. Then one day it changed, and she asked me where the fishy went. She spots the moon, boats driving by, buses, big trucks, and the like. One of her favorite things to spot is the water park on the way to Matt's work. She always says, "water...falling!" She knows when we are near Matt's work, my dad's work, or "pampa's house."
One of Sydney's favorite things to do is dance. When we are driving in the car she will tell everyone individually to dance. "Dance mom, dance dad, DANCE BABY!" She is a little boss, and always tells people what to do. She likes to boss around Allie or Jonne, and tell them to "Come mom!"

Sydney is the most loving big sister! She is always trying to help Cooper. She calls him "Coopy Coops." It is the cutest thing. She will try to rock him when he's in the car seat, and sings "Rock-a-baby, in a top!" She is also very good at taking care of her stuffed animals and dolls. She wraps them up in blankets, burps them, and sings to them.

Sydney knows and loves the Yankees. Any time she sees the NY symbol she says "Yankees, game, go go go!" She even will say "Jeter." Do you think we watch baseball too much??? She also LOVES Dora the Explorer. One day my brother Tim was babysitting Sydney. It was actually the day after he got his wisdom teeth out, so I told him to take it easy. He decided to turn on Dora for Sydney. After watching it one time, she would spot Dora in the store on everything. Ever since then we will let her watch Dora occasionally, which has become more of a consistent thing in the past week. But, she knows all the songs, the characters, and everything. My favorite thing that she says, is "Swiper no swipy, Swiper no swipy, Swiper no swipy...oh man!" It is adorable. She also knows "hicimos" Spanish for "we did." So at least it is educational!

I think Sydney could possibly be the smartest 2 year old ever (doesn't every mom say that?) But really. She talks so well. She can count to ten, with a little help from us, and to three all by herself. I wish I could even list all of the things that Sydney does or loves.

Sydney is such a special girl! I can't believe how much my little, sweet baby has grown up. She is such a blessing in our lives. I am so happy to have the memories that I have with her. I am grateful to Matt for making it possible for me to stay at home and take care of her. It is the biggest blessing in my life! Happy 2nd Birthday Sydney! I love you!

Sydney's first pigtails!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sydney is so cute!!!!!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed