Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Shots

We took the kids in for well child check ups this week. I can't believe how big they are getting!


Sydney got 2 shots- one of them being the H1N1. Luckily they had just gotten it in. I feel much safer sending her to nursery now! :) She did really well at the doctor's. When they gave her the shots, she didn't even cry, until the nurse said, "Wow, you didn't even cry!" Ha ha, then the tears came. Sydney is becoming more true to the size we thought she would be... She was 25 lbs (36 Percentile) and 32 1/2 inches (23 Percentile). The doctor described her as 'petite.' It's funny because she has almost always been right around 50th percentile for both. He also asked if she was beginning to put one or two words together to form sentences... um...yep! The most common sentences in her vocabulary are: "What are you doing?" "What does a ____ say?" "I want snacks" "Where's daddy" "Daddy's at work" and many more. I think she's past the point of beginning to understand sentences. She definitely is a little chatter box! Sydney entertains herself very well and loves playing with her toys. The other day I was sitting on the couch feeding Cooper when I heard water running. I went into the bathroom to find Sydney in the tub giving her doll a bath in Cooper's bath. She is getting good at pretending and using her imagination. We have a lot of fun playing and I love watching her play.


Cooper got 3 shots and drops, for a total of 5 immunizations... crazy. He was pretty fussy, but it should be his worst doctor's appointment because of the number of immunizations, and because he doesn't naturally use his muscles to ease the pain in his legs. He is a healthy baby. He weighed almost 12 lbs (48 Percentile) and was 23.43 inches long (67 Percentile) with a little noggin-15.2 inches (17 Percentile). It is fun to watch Cooper grow and learn. He is smiling pretty often and is cooing. We will ask Sydney what Cooper says, and she says "oooh, ooooh." We love it when he makes good solid eye contact with us and smiles and talks. It sure is fun. He is pretty much a pro at holding his head up now, and he loves his swing especially when he finds himself in the mirror on it. He is now sleeping in his crib, which he loves. He is SO CLOSE to sleeping through the night. The other night Sydney woke up at 4:45 yelling "mommy!" which woke him up. I was not very happy, just wondering if he would have made it had Sydney not woke him up. Because they share a room, they wake each other up sometimes, but they do better than I would have expected. I am definitely excited for my first full night's sleep though!

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

Sydney likes to smile big when you take pictures of her! She is so cute and growing so much. I can't believe she was giving her doll a bath. Hunter wouldn't even think of that...he just pretends with cars and balls and stuff...boys and girls are so opposite!!

Cooper looks ridiculously cute! I love his big smile.

Anonymous said...

Cooper is growing up so fast! I love the picture of Sydney giving her doll a bath--so cute!

Missy said...

I keep saying it, but your kids ARE just the cutest! I am glad that Cooper is gaining weight so well.I just love Cooper's big smile. I hope that he ends up with dark eyes and hair like his Dad to contrast Sydney's blonde har and blue eyes. I love Sydney's photo op smile and blonde curls. I am glad that Sydney likes her babies to be clean! :) Thanks for keeping us updated Jo.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed