Wednesday, November 11, 2009

You Get What You Pay For

Yesterday we went to get our pictures taken at JCPenney's portrait center. I have been wanting to get Sydney's and Cooper's pictures taken together and thought the 2 year/1month milestone would be a good opportunity. We got Sydney's pictures taken there when she turned 1 and they were really cute. They had me jump in a picture with her, which I had not been expecting. So this time, I told Matt we needed to wear nice clothes in case they had us jump in a picture. We ended up taking one of all 4 of us. My hair desperately needs a hair cut, and it was kind of thrown together last minute, so taking that into consideration, I guess they turned out ok. I wasn't too impressed with all the pictures, but they were really cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for. It was funny because the photographer kept saying, "I just need him to look at me!" She didn't quite understand that Cooper was a newborn and was not able to look at her. Then she would put him in these sitting positions, that he could not do, and try to take some pictures and say, "I guess that's not the best position for him." She kind of struggled. We are planning on taking some nice pictures in maybe a year, so I will look forward to those, and have these until then. For professional photographers I would expect a little better, but I'm glad I have these pictures anyway. Here are my favorites... the rest are in the slideshow on the right...











8 comments:

Lisa said...

they are adorable!! You look great in them. Such a cute happy family!

Anonymous said...

I think you guys look cute! Sydney is a natural in front of the camera. :)

sarah e. said...

Pictures are hard. I just have to tell myself all I really need is one good one every six months or year and anything else is just icing. It took me forever to even get into Target for some pictures with Maggie. She was ten months I think before we got in. So you do a lot better than me. Luckily I was happy with how they turned out, but also frustrated with which ones and how many to buy.

I think yours turned out cute and you definitely have some keepers, even if they all didn't come out the way you wanted. And you'll want more in the spring or something anyway, but at least you've captured this stage in your family. Yay for you!

And I didn't mean to turn this into a novel, but I was just catching up on your life: the Halloween costumes were adorable and Sydney seems like a terribly fun two-year-old--it was fun to read about all the cute things she says and does as well as see her cute smiling face.

Chelsey said...

So cute! You have a beautiful family! And yes...we NEED to get together soon!

Missy Page said...

I love your pictures! Your family is the cutest ever. I can't believe how big Cooper looks already: his pictures are wonderful. Sydney should be a model; she is beautiful in every picture. I love your family picture too. However, I think my favorite is the one of you and Cooper. So cute. (I love the one with Matt too!) I guess I just love them all. Thanks so much for such great blog posts.

janderson said...

Wow, the pictures look excellent to me! I always thought JC Penney pics every 2 years was a splurge :) Silly me I guess!

Jolynn said...

Ok, so I must have sounded really snobby in this post. I am pretty happy with the pictures, maybe not exactly how I look in them, and I definitely was just more disappointed in the experience. The photographer was pretty stupid. In a bunch of the pictures of Cooper, my arm was in the shot. Why didn't she tell me to move my arm??? Since they don't edit? Anyway, JCPenney's is definitely a splurge for us to, which is maybe another reason why I was disappointed. I just see everyone's beuatiful outside family picts, maybe I was jealous :) Anyway, I like them, and we did get some good ones.

The Emerys said...

Ok so I was totally blog stalking and ran into your blog. I dont know if you remember but at one point in our life which now seems a really long time ago we were really good friends. Your family is so dang cute and you look great!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed