Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sydney Update

Sometimes I really can't believe how grown-up Sydney is getting. When Cooper was born, she still seemed like a baby to me, toddling around and learning new words. Back then, she couldn't even go up and down stairs by herself. Now, there is not a drop of baby fat left on that girl. Sydney wants to do everything "by myself." Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is good to let her do things on her own, even though it takes longer or doesn't get done right. She puts on her own shoes, pants, underwear, and tries to put on her own shirts, but that one is harder. She is becoming very independent, which causes some of the normal fits that two year olds have. I can definitely tell that she is a passionate person. She loves life to the fullest, but has a hard time when things don't go her way. She is very particular and wants things to be very specific, but gets frustrated if it isn't quite how she wants it. She loves to have me tie towels around her and pretends that they are dresses- she does the same with washrags for her dolls. I love to listen to her play with her dolls or toys. I will overhear her saying, "mommy let's go to the store, I have to go potty, daddy is at work, let's do homework, I love your dress!" and many other things with her toys. She also loves to sing. Sydney is almost always singing- in the car, in the stroller, around the house. She sings anything from primary songs, to songs we hear on the radio, to disney songs. My favorite songs she sings right now are "Families can be Together Forever," "I Love to See the Temple," and the opening song from Beauty and the Beast- it is so cute to hear her say "Bonjour!" She likes to play with my hair, or her own, and every time she is playing with someone's hair, she sings, "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes," from Cinderella. And when she pretends to clean, she sings, "Sing Sweet Nightingale." It is darling. Sydney has the craziest hair I've ever seen. I have to redo it multiple times a day because it gets so frizzy and sticks out everywhere. Her bedhead is quite the sight! I am amazed by how much Sydney remembers now. She is always saying, "Mommy, remember when..." and will bring something up from weeks or months ago. She loves to have fun- jump, dance, play, sing, run, go to the park, cook/bake with us, and is constantly moving. Mainly when I think of Sydney, I think of her big smile. It really does remind me of sunshine and will often cheer me up! She is such a joy!

This balloon got caught in her dress, and she said her bum was "big like the sisters on Cinderella"



We took a drive up the canyon one Sunday, and Sydney and Matt made a miniature snowman. The next time she wore those flip-flops she said, "I don't want to make a snowman in my flip-flops!"


Crazy Hair


Carrying around yet another blanket...

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed