Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer is Here!

We are so excited that it is finally starting to feel like summer! The nice weather always seems to boost my moods and we have had a lot of fun just being outside! We have gone on a lot of nice long walks/jogs, to try to get some exercise, and I have realized how much harder it is to jog while pushing a double stroller with 50+ lbs of children inside. I have been thinking of investing in a jogging stroller and have been looking on KSL, maybe a jogging stroller would make it a little easier. We participated in the Weight Watchers 5K Walk last week, and that got me going on trying to walk 3+ miles with the kids at least a few times a week. So we have walked around Daybreak Lake, and around some trails and sidewalks by our house. The kids love it! Cooper is just silent the whole time and loves looking at the scenery. And Sydney likes to comment on the things she sees and sing songs. Last night it started raining while we were out on our jog. It was welcome to me, because I was so hot, but as it started pouring, Sydney began crying, "Mommy, I'm getting all wet!" She was very upset, so I tried running faster toward home, but finally ended up calling Matt to come and pick us up in the car to relieve Sydney's crying. When Matt finally got to us we were all soaked- and Cooper was still as happy as can be!

WW 5K


We also went to the Libraries' "Splash into Summer Reading Program" event at Wheeler Farm. We pledged to read to Sydney at least 20 minutes most days, and 10 to Cooper. As I have kept track of minutes, I have begun to realize how much I actually do read to them. It hasn't been hard for us to keep our goals, and Sydney loves coloring in the little fish every day on her chart, to say that we read. I hope that I can help my children love reading, by reading to them now. Sydney loves reading, and always has, and Cooper is beginning to really enjoy sitting in my lap while I read. He is so intrigued by the pictures, and I love watching his chubby little fingers touching or trying to grab them! I know that reading to them will have long-lasting benefits, so I really try to get it in every day. Anyway, we had so much fun at Wheeler Farm. Allie came with us to get out and enjoy the nice weather. We made some cute hats at the crafts table, walked around and saw the animals, and even got to see and touch some snakes and an aligator!








Love that sun!!!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed