Monday, March 22, 2010

Rolling Over

Ok, I know, a lot of posts today! I am just taking advantage of an apparently extra long nap time for both of my kids, which can I just say is heaven! I can not believe how big Cooper is getting. He is so chubby, and very few of his clothes fit anymore. I am just waiting for the weather to warm up, because the clothes that fit him are more appropriate for summer! He started rolling over on March 10th, and as I suspected, life around here has been a bit crazier. This play mat, which we call the "worm", was Cooper's favorite toy. He absolutely loved it, until he started rolling over. Then it started getting in his way. Every once in a while he will still play on it, but he has moved onto bigger and better things...


Matt has had a few especially busy weeks with school- they always do that before spring break! I had asked him to go through the storage closet and find our bouncer for Cooper, but let's face it, he just didn't have time. So I did it. Of course it was in the back bottom corner, but I'm pretty proud of myself for moving all those heavy boxes myself, and even putting the bouncer together! Cooper loves it! Sydney loves it too, and I often find her sitting in it. I'm glad that it can entertain both of them, because it takes up a lot of space in our little apartment. I'm sure Sydney's fascination with it will fade, but it is fun for both of them to play with for the time being.


Little did I know, that going through that closet would kick in my organizing instincts. After putting the bouncer together, I went through all of Sydney's baby clothes and tried to decide which ones to get rid of. We have kept every singe piece of clothing she has ever had, and it was getting a little out of control. I want to keep some, in case we have another girl (hopefully someday!) but, we just don't have room to keep everything. It took a long time to go through them all (I also added Cooper's to the list), but it was kind of fun and nostalgic. Sydney's clothes had that "newborn" smell to them. I would pull them out of the box, smell them and just remember her as a sweet little baby. It sure is a good thing that I have a baby, or else I would have been seriously baby hungry after that! I wish that I had been doing this blog when Sydney was born, because it is so nice to have words written down alongside pictures. It is amazing how much you can forget. Which is why I try to blog so often. Not only is it a good outlet for me, it is my journal, our family records, and our memories. Our blog is for us to have those memories recorded. It is important to me to record our memories, but some do slip through the cracks. Whatever the case, I will always remember how much I love and loved these sweet little babies. That love grows stronger every day, and I know that it will never fade. They make life worth living, and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for sending them to our home. Just for fun... here is a cute picture of Sydney as a baby, of course in the bouncer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Cooper! I love his chubby cheeks. And Sydney is so "grown up" cooking and teaching Cooper. What a good older sister!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed