Thursday, March 4, 2010

5 Months

5 months! Cooper you bring such a light into our little family! I love that I can read your emotions through your expressive eyes! You communicate with me so well, and I have to say, I love that shining smile or that begging "I need you" look in your eyes. You seem to be such an emotional baby. You are often happy as can be- gurgling, smiling, laughing, moving... you love to suck in your bottom lip, or chew on your hands. You do not suck on a binky, you do not take a bottle, and you just chomp, not suck, on anything put in your mouth. Many times you just want me to hold you, and that's it. I love that you will cuddle up with me, and my favorite is when you lay your head down on my shoulder. You love to laugh and play with daddy, but you also have times when you only want me. I can't believe how big you are getting, and how chubby your cute cheeks are! I love you! ~mommy





One thing I am amazed by is how DIFFERENT my two kids are. Sometimes I think they are polar opposites! Sydney loved and loves adventure. She loved to be thrown up in the air. She never wanted to cuddle. She is very independent, and never seems to need me. She always took a bottle and a binky. She rarely cried as a baby. She never had stranger anxiety. And she was always very active, even always kicking me to death when I was pregnant with her! Cooper- well, he HATES being thrown up in the air. He always seems to need me- and often times only me. He will not just sit in his car seat if we are shopping, so I have to carry him, while pushing a cart, around the store. He will NOT take a bottle... we have been trying every night. He loves to cuddle with me (one of the perks about his emotional personality). Sometimes he doesn't like other people to hold him. He just seems to be a very sensitive boy.... if voices are raised, or have a hint of anger, he bursts out in tears. I think he is just very aware of things around him. When I was pregnant with him- he was very still, didn't kick much, VERY different from Sydney. It's funny how even in the womb, I could tell a difference between these two. They bring very different things into our home, and I love them both for who they are! There definitely are things that are hard and things that are PURE BLISS about both of them!

(by the way- HaPpY 100th PoSt!!!)


1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Wow...he sounds like Hunter! Maybe it is a boy thing to always want to be held and fed by their mommy! He is so cute...they come here with their own little personalities, don't they?! Good luck with the bottle.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed