Monday, March 8, 2010

Help Please!

I have a confession to make: I still have a lot of clothes from high school. And I still wear them. I have been going through my closet and it is just sad. First of all probably 60% of my closet is maternity clothes. Then maybe 30% of it is clothes from high school. I haven't bought new clothes for a long time. It just isn't in our budget. But something needs to be done. I am getting tired of my old American Eagle & Aeropostale clothes. Don't get me wrong, sometimes they have a few good finds, but overall, I think I am ready for an older look. I am 25, and would like to look 25, not 17. So, PLEASE tell me where to shop. In all honesty, it has been so long, that I don't even know where to look! We have a little bit of tax return money, that we are going to try to use to buy some new clothes, but I need to know where to look. Obviously, NORDSTROM and other places of super expense are kind of hard, because we are on a budget. But I know a lot of you are also in similar circumstances... so please share! Really, if I get no comments on this post... I am threatening to go private! :) Thanks in advance!

8 comments:

Tori said...

I'm no help! I'm in the same boat. In fact, I'll be checking back to see what other people say!

Chelsey said...

I really like Shade and Downeast. I feel like their clothes have an older look (meaning not teenager) to them and are not too trendy...more of a classic look. They have good sales every once in a while.

Kelli said...

Don't go private! But...I'm not much help here either. I still shop at American Eagle and Aero, haha. Maybe I'm a little cheap, but I've found some really cute things from Target. Maybe not quite what you're looking for though :)

sarah e. said...

I know what you mean about the budget thing. I like Gap; I like Banana Republic; I like J.Crew (but it's made for tall people which is bad for you and me); unfortunately all three can be pretty expensive, but you can get good stuff on sale sometimes. I had some great luck after Christmas last year.

But lately I have had some luck at Target, Old Navy, and Kohl's. All have fairly good prices and Old Navy and Kohl's have great sales. I got some shorts and capris I really like from ON last spring before I found out I was pregnant, so I'm excited to get more use out of those. Also, just to warn you, I was discouraged at Kohl's until I found the misses section. I didn't want juniors' (because, like you, I didn't want to look seventeen), but I felt like some of the stuff in the regular ladies' section made me look like I was going for forty-five. Misses' was just right.

And I have a confession too: I still have a lot of clothes in my closet from high school too. But I'm trying to get rid of stuff because long (read: modest) is in right now (long shirts, long shorts, etc.), so I think it's a good time to revamp the wardrobe.

Good luck!! Hope this helps. (And sorry this ended up so long.)

sarah e. said...

And amen to Shade and Downeast. Love their long camis.

Natalie and Nate said...

Jo, go to the outlets in park city. I love the banana republic outlet up there. Gap is hit and miss for me...but better deals than the real thing in my opinion. Also- great comments already but just thought I'd ask that.

Natalie and Nate said...

*add that :) have fun!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way! Ready for a wardrobe revamp after having a baby!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed