Sunday, October 18, 2009

Time Flies By

I truly can not believe that October is more than half way over! Cooper will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Our life has been eventful and busy since he was born, so time really has just flown by. Cooper was born on a Monday. We left the hospital on Wednesday afternoon, went to my brother's setting apart that night, he left for Ghana that Thursday, Friday was my birthday, then Saturday and Sunday were Conference. The next week was spent adjusting to having 2 kids with Matt going back to work. AND this past week, we had Cooper's 2 week well check up on Monday, as well as a quick visit with Matt's dad; on Tuesday, Matt's mom and brother came in town and we had a fairwell dinner for Alex; on Wednesday we said goodbye to Alex for two years, complete with the last meal at Cafe Rio and a car trip down to the MTC; then the rest of the week has been spent with Matt's mom and extended family.

It was pretty special for us to have Cooper finally meet Matt's parents this week. Matt's dad was driving down to Arizona to start his new job, and drove 200 miles more to come and see Cooper for 20 minutes. It meant a lot to us to have Cooper meet his Grandpa Page, and it was really fun to visit with him. Too bad it was 6:00 in the morning and none of us had a clear enough mind to think of taking a picture! We also had a fun time spending some time with Matt's mom. We enjoyed a few meals together, hanging out at Nana and Papa's, and a little shopping!


We were also very glad to be able to spend some time with Alex before he left. I am still so happy that both our brothers were able to see Cooper. We are so proud of them and their choices to serve the Lord for the next 2 years. It is hard to imagine that Cooper will be 2 and Sydney will be 4 by the time they get home! I have been thinking a lot about when Matt left on his mission. I remember eating at Cafe Rio with him and friends and family the day he left. It's crazy to think that we have known each other that long. I could have never imagined that we would be where we are today, and I'm so glad that we have so many memories together. I will always treasure the memories that I have, and am excited to make more with Matt!


It has been fun to spend so much time with family, but I have to say, I am excited to start getting a feel for how it's going to be at home, and start figuring out a better schedule for me and my kids. Hopefully life will calm down a little bit, but as I look at the next little while, we have Halloween, Sydney's birthday, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. I just pray that I can take time to enjoy my kids and make memories with them throughout this busy season! Cooper gets bigger and stronger every day, and Sydney gets smarter every day. I can't believe how fast they grow!

Sydney sure loves her baby brother. I often find her saying "Hi Babes!" and then she'll turn to me and say "He's cute!" She can also be found saying, "Little guy" or giving him kisses. She is getting a larger vocabulary every day and I just love her little voice!


Cooper's 2 week check up went very well. He is growing like a weed and is a perfect little baby! He is starting to stay awake longer and hold his head up. He was 8 lbs 6 oz (Sydney's birth weight) and 20 1/2 inches long at 2 weeks old. Every day I wish I could stop time for a little bit, but it is fun to watch him grow!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Jo, I don't know how you did it. An almost 2 year old and a new born, and me over here with no kids and I felt like it's been crazy busy. Haha. It's been a while since we've all just hungout. Maybe we can make a dinner and bring it over to your place and carve pumpkins and a movie or something. Sounds fun to me, but let me know.

Chelsey said...

Wow, so much going on. Sydney and Cooper look a lot alike to me. I am glad that he is growing...you are a great mom!

Anonymous said...

I am barely grasping the idea of one baby and here you are masterfully juggling two! Can't wait to see you again!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed