Sunday, October 11, 2009

Due Date


I can't believe that today is my due date! It is hard to imagine being pregnant still. Yesterday I drove the car for the first time and it was weird to look how much space was between my stomach and the steering wheel! Recovery is going pretty well. I get frustrated thinking I should feel better than I do, and wish it were a faster process. In all honesty, I'd way rather be pregnant than be recovering from delivery. At least this time I was prepared for all the yuckiness and knew what to expect. I think with Sydney it was really hard because I didn't ever imagine recovery would be as hard as it is. Even with recovery being harder than being pregnant, there are definitely advantages to it! The best parts are:
  • Having Cooper here to cuddle with!
  • Being able to use the covers in bed because I'm not dying of heat all the time!
  • Being able to lean over the counter, and do things easier like washing dishes.
  • Not having to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME.
  • AND COOPER!
Really, he is the best part of recovery. If it weren't for him, it would just stink all together. I'm glad I got to start this process two weeks ago instead of today! Love my kids, they are totally worth it!


3 comments:

janderson said...

Recovery is hard, I agree. It's funny that new moms are told so much about pregnancy and labor, but often aren't prepared for recovery. I'm learning that it gets harder and more painful with each additional birth. Woman are tough; that's all I have to say!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you didn't have to wait any longer either! Can't wait to see the little guy. And I hope you feel back to normal soon!

sarah e. said...

Sorry your recovery isn't going as quickly as you would wish! But good job looking on the bright side. Cooper is adorable!! Congrats! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed