Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Goodbye Small Cars

Last month we paid our car off, so naturally we started having all these minor problems with it. Last week we were in and out of Tunex a few times, racking up the things that needed to be fixed with it before we could register it at the end of the month. It was pretty frustrating watching the expenses add up. Then on Friday we went to the Alta state soccer game to watch Matt's cousin play. (They won in a nail-biting fashion... go Hawks!) But, after the game our car wouldn't start. So my dad suggested that we come in to the dealership (he is selling cars now) and look at a Chevy Malibu. It had half the number of miles as our car, would be a tad bigger, and would be a super cheap payment. We decided to go look at it, before we spent money fixing up our car, just to see if it would be worth it to have a small payment, but not worry about a breaking down car. So, on Saturday morning we went in to look at the Malibu before Matt had to work. We test drove it, and then parked it in the used car parking lot next to a Chevy Tahoe. Matt had to leave for work, but asked my dad to run numbers on both the Malibu and the Tahoe. The Tahoe ended up being the same payment that we were paying on the Hyundai. So to make a long story short, we ended up buying the Tahoe. It was a really good deal, and we got it for cost, since my dad sold it to us. It will be a good car for us, and is something that we can grow in. And, I am excited that my double stroller fits in it nicely!!! Sydney really likes it too. When we test drove it, she said, "It's BIG, let's get it!" I feel super OLD driving that car around, knowing it is mine. It must mean I have more than one kid. Funny enough, it is the same model of Tahoe that I learned how to drive in when I was 16. The other weird thing for me, is knowing that I will probably never have a small car again... at least until my kids are grown up! It is a really weird feeling. How did I get so old???

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Woah! You are so grown up!! That is awesome. I love that it's the same model that you got to drive when you were 16 - but now instead of liking it for it's joy-riding capabilities, you like it for it's capacity to hold a stroller :). How time changes everything!

Chelsey said...

Haha! You are old! I knew I was old when I started wanting a mini van. Those strollers will do that to you. Just think...no more bending for buckling. I look forward to that day. Congrats!

Camille said...

Now you are a real mom!! I'm a lovin' that car! I bet you make it look good! :)

Anonymous said...

That's great, a BIG car that can actually fit your whole fam and all the extras. Jon always teases me that I'll be a mini-van mom but maybe I can convince him of a Tahoe. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed