Tuesday, October 6, 2009

1 Week

I can't believe that as of yesterday Cooper is 1 week old. So much has happened this week, but at the same time it feels like I was just in the hospital yesterday. It has been interesting adjusting to life with two kids. Yesterday was my first LONG day without Matt. He was gone from 6:30 in the morning to 9:00 at night. It actually went pretty well, but I don't know how I could've done it without him until that point. He has been a lifesaver taking care of me and the kids! Life is pretty much in survival mode right now, but I think over some time we'll get a schedule down and be used to it all.

Cooper is doing really well! He is a very good baby! He eats, poops, and spits up like a pro... something we could not say about Sydney as an infant. It is nice to know that he is healthy and doing what he should be doing, which also means I shouldn't have to do any wacky diets! :) He is starting to stay awake for longer periods of time, which is fun, but it makes me realize how fast they really do grow. I wish that I could just freeze time so that my kids didn't have to grow. Because I can't do that, I just have to try my best to enjoy every moment with them. It is amazing the amount of love that I have for them. I never imagined that I could have this much love. Here are some pictures to document Cooper's first week.


1 week old


1st bath at home...slept through it!





Big sister and baby brother!


Sydney pretending the nursing pillow is a "neigh" (horse)



Sydney has been a very good big sister! She loves to give Cooper kisses and help him when he cries. For the first 2 days she would get scared when Cooper cried, but other than that he has not bothered her at all. She always asks where he is and wants to hug and kiss him. When we were in the hospital the nurse came to take Cooper for some tests and Sydney cried because they were taking him. It's funny because I think that since Cooper has come I love Sydney even more. She is such a sweet girl! I can't believe how big she has gotten. She truly is no longer a baby and is growing up so fast! It's crazy to think I have two kids, but I can't even imagine it being any different!

5 comments:

Kjirsten said...

Congrats on the new addition! I know all too well what this last week has been like for you and what the upcoming ones will be like. I have a 2 &1/2 year old girl and just had our little boy 2 months ago. It's so fun though! Your kids are adorable. We do have a blog and if you are interested in looking just email me.
kjirstenfox@yahoo.com
By the way, crazy thing, we live in Riverton too:)

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! And I'm so glad he is doing well. Sydney sounds like she's going to be a great future babysitter! :)

Bekah Parker said...

I am so happy for you guys. That is so wonderful!! And yes...like Code said, you have a babysitter in the making. Oh the joys of being the oldest:)

Missy Page said...

I love these pictures! Sydney and Cooper are the cutest kids ever. Sydney's curls are so cute. I am glad that things are going well for you and Matt. It is so hard to adjust to a second baby. I can't wait to see you next week. Love you!

Chelsey said...

Wow, it looks like you are managing things really well. HOW on earth did you get him to sleep through his first bath?! Hunter flipped the first time. Sydney looks like she is adjusting so well...that is helpful I am sure. And YAY for his regular digestive system and no diet.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed