Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Festivities

Summer is definitely my favorite time of year, but there really is something about fall that I just love. Fall is just so "homey" to me. Maybe there is something about colder days that reminds me of home and family. It is so fun to have a few crisp days here and there (although I'm not too fond of the really cold ones.) I love to drive around and see the fall leaves and the pumpkins. It is a fun time of year, and would be even better if it didn't mean winter were coming. Utah is so pretty in the fall, that I just look around and can't believe how beautiful it is. I can't imagine that there are many places that are much prettier. Plus, there are a lot of fun things to do in the fall!


As the days get colder, I have needed to find more things that we can do inside to keep busy. So, the other day, Sydney and I made cookies while Cooper took a nap. Sydney had a lot of fun standing on the chair watching me put all the ingredients in. Her second favorite part was when I put the egg in. She kept saying "egg" the whole time. Her most favorite part was sticking her finger in the dough and licking it off of her finger, as well as licking the spatula. It was a lot of fun to make cookies with her!




On Thursday, we went to a pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins. Sydney loved it! She has had a lot of fun the past month looking for pumpkins as we drive around and shop. She even has a pumpkin cup that she loves to drink out of. It is so fun to hear her cute little voice yell out "punkin" every time she spots one. At the pumpkin patch, she liked riding in the wheel barrow and picking up the little pumpkins and showing them to Cooper. She also thought the gourds were funny. I still remember driving down the street past the pumpkin patch when I was pregnant with Sydney, dreaming about taking my baby there. Now we have 2 kids to take to the pumpkin patch. I hope that it is a tradition we can continue. It sure is fun to have little traditions for our kids to remember and enjoy!










1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Looks like you guys had fun making cookies! I love the fall too...it is my favorite and is always too short. Sydney and Cooper look like they enjoyed the pumpkin patch. I think kids make the holidays so much more fun!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed