Thursday, July 2, 2009

Goings On

Our new place is still not all put together. It has been a lot of work because we have had to buy things in order to put things away, but it is getting there. I get pretty frustrated when things are messy and have to remind myself that everything will be fine soon enough. We have been struggling to fit all of our stuff in this apartment, but we are enjoying the area, how clean it is, and the cheaper price, so it is worth it.

I am getting very big! People at church keep telling me it must be "getting close." In fact the other day the chorister called my mom to see if I could play the piano in Relief Society, but she wanted to make sure that I wasn't having my baby this week. This has been going on since I was 20 weeks (half way). It's crazy to think that we have about 15 weeks left. It actually has been going by very fast because we've had so much going on. I can't believe I'm in my 3rd trimester! I am starting to get heart burn worse, and my ribs hurt because the baby is always in them. Probably 90% of the time I have my hand up by ribs trying to push the baby down out of them. But other than that, things are going very well! I have another doctor's appointment next week so we'll see updates then.

Yesterday we went to Liberty Land with Chris and Lisa. It was a pretty small place, but had some fun things that we enjoyed doing. Sydney loved the big bouncy slide, mini golfing, the rocket ship, and the merry-go-round! Matt and Chris both enjoyed the go-karts and lasar tag. It was fun to get out and do something different!








We went to the aquarium last month while Matt was at home in the days with us. Sydney loved looking at the "fishies" and putting her hands in the water to try to touch the rays. It was a fun outing!





A few weeks ago we went to dinner with Matt, Jen, and Colton Appel. After we ate, we went to Nordstrom Rack, where they had some fountains outside. Sydney and Colton had a lot of fun running around the water! They have become pretty good friends!



We had a wonderful Father's Day! Sydney made a tie for Matt in nursery that is adorable. It has been fun for Mother's Day and Father's Day this year because Sydney has made us little things, and of course is able to give us hugs and kisses! We are so grateful for Matt! He is a great Father!




We had lunch at a park last week and Sydney really enjoyed playing! She calls swings and slides "wee" and always wants to go on them. It is nice because we have a little play ground outside of our apartment that she likes to play on as well.




Here are some pictures of Sydney being Sydney! She is learning so much, always talking up a storm, and is so much fun! She says "aintoo" (thank you) all the time now! The other day I was busy doing something in the kitchen and Sydney was getting into everything trying to get a drink. I was getting frustrated with her and finally had a second to get her a drink. She said "aintoo" in her sweet little voice and it melted me! I couldn't help but pick her up and give her hugs and kisses. She also says "cheese" when we take pictures of her now, and has the funniest, cheesiest smiles! She sure makes life fun for us!

Playing in a box from moving...


With a shoebox on her head, calling it a hat...


Carrying around a purse...


Wearing Michael's shoes...Sydney loves shoes...


Smelling the flowers...


Swimming...which she calls "water"

4 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

I love all the pictures!! And I am like you. I get so agitated and frustrated if things are messy and I don't feel organized and so I have to remind myself of the situation and that it will all work out when I get more settled. So don't worry, you will have it figured out in no time. And give yourself some credit. You are pregnant chasing around Sydney!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

WOW! A ton of things have happened while I was gone. When I was in Vegas, I saw a bunch of kids with the same stroller as Sydney and that made me really home sick. I kept calling Jessica's little girl Sydney. It was pretty funny because people didn't know who I was talking about. I am happy that you are pretty much settled in your new apartment. Oh and by the way those pictures are the cutest things I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I'm so happy things are finally settling down for you guys!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed