Monday, July 20, 2009

No News is Good News

Well, I have been waiting to hear the results from my glucose test...but they only call you if you DO have gestational diabetes, so it has been an anxious week for me, basically waiting to NOT hear from them. AND... I never heard from them!!! So I do not have gestational diabetes this time around! I am excited that I won't have to deal with the extra stress of that. It entails a very strict diet that is pretty hard to follow, not to mention taking your blood 4 times a day, so now I don't have to worry about all of that. The only worry is that I will gain more weight than I want, but oh well. I still have worries that they will call me and tell me my results took extra long, or they lost them, or something, and that I really do have it :) Anyway, other than being really BIG, hot, and always hungry, this pregnancy has been going very well. The baby doesn't kick as hard as Sydney did, I have less heartburn, not as many charlie horses, and am overall feeling pretty good. We still haven't thought of ANYTHING for the baby. I haven't looked at clothes, bedding, thought of names, nothing. We have been so busy with life lately that we haven't done much preparing, but we are finally pretty much settled in our apartment, so maybe life will calm down a little and we can prepare for our baby in 12 weeks! This past weekend we built shelves in our storage closet and got all but 2 boxes put away. The last 2 boxes are just pictures and decorations to hang up, so that's all I have left to do. It has been a lot of hard work and organizing, with the little space, but I'm finally feeling like life is returning back to normal. We are feeling more comfortable with our place, Matt's job, and everything.

We got a new camera, a Nikon D90, and I am trying to learn how to use it... Here are some of my favorite pictures we've taken while we practice and learn about the camera...



5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad everything's going good with your pregnancy still. Your pictures are so good. Must be one nice camera. That'll be so nice to have. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you guys get ready for the next baby.

Bekah Parker said...

Yay that is great news that you haven't heard from the doctor. What a relief!! Happy to hear life is coming back down to normal for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Sydney's hair is getting long and curly! So cute! Glad all is finally coming together. :)

Langfamily said...

That's so good you haven't heard from the doctor I don't know how you did it the first time. Hope all is going well.

Chelsey said...

Yay! I am so glad you don't have to do that this pregnancy! Nice camera!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed