Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Family

One of the best things about summer is all the time we get to spend with extended family members. We have been busy with small family reunions, which Matt's family is incredibly good at having every year. Last week we had a Watkins Family get together (Matt's grandma's family), and Monday we had a Page Family party. It is always fun to see extended relatives and what they are up to! Chris and Lisa brought their puppies (Sawyer and Jack) to the Page party, and Sydney had fun pointing at them, or touching them and running away. She knows that they will jump on her so she doesn't get as close as she will to older, more mellow dogs, but she sure loves them anyway.



On Sunday we went up to Smith and Morehouse to eat dinner with my family and my cousins, the Schones. Smith and Morehouse is right by our old family cabin, so it is a special place for us. We had a lot of fun cooking tinfoil dinners, smores, and cobbler, and spending time with eachother. Sydney loved the Schone's dog, going by the river, playing with Jocelyn, and exploring the new surrroundings. We had a chance to walk to our old cabin site, which brought back a lot of memories. We used to go up there several times a summer until my grandpa passed away 14 years ago. It's amazing to think that it's been that long since we used to go there. When my grandpa died, the cabin was given to his brother, and we were no longer able to go anymore. It has been sad for us to not be able to go there, especially because it reminds us of my grandpa. My uncle tore down our cabin and built a new one, so it is a little weird for us, but it was fun to go there and walk around. It started raining, so I didn't get some of the pictures I wanted to take- like the tree that has my parent's initials carved in it- but we are planning on going again in August so hopefully I'll get those pictures then!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed