Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Typical Conversation

I have a conversation similar to the following AT LEAST once a week. It could be with a complete stranger in the store, with an extended family member, or a ward member...

Other person: You look like you're ready for that baby any day now!

Me: Yeah, I've still got a couple months to go...

Other person: Really?! (In complete shock) Are you due in September/When are you due?

Me: Nope, I'm due October 11th

Other person: Wow! (Followed by some amazingly stupid comment like...) Are you sure??? or- Are you having twins??? or- Are there 2 in there??? Funny enough, they are serious when they ask me this!

Me: Yeah, there's just one... I know, I get really big with my babies.


I mean seriously, do they really think I don't know my due date? That's the funniest part, they act like I have to be wrong. It's pretty funny to see their reaction actually, but makes me wonder... really am I that big?

We've got 10 weeks to go! AND we have officially made our first purchase for our baby boy... some cute blue and green onesies, as well as a cute outfit that was on sale at Baby Gap. Still no names, but at least we've got a start on things!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Hahaha, that is awesome. I would probably start saying something like, "Oh, you're right, I'm actually due next week and I just forgot."

Bekah Parker said...

I am with Kelli on that one.

"Oh my gosh! What a terrible mother-to-be I am. You are right I am having triplets."

That conversation would get really old for me too.

Anonymous said...

You look great!! I am so excited for you--a boy!! People can be so dumb at times, like really they just said that?!?

sarah e. said...

That was a fun read. People can be so silly. You're just so tiny the baby has nowhere to go but out! You're a really cute pregnant lady.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed