Saturday, June 14, 2008

25 Years

Last week my parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. They spent the weekend alone, and when they came home we surprised them by decorating the family room and kitchen and having a little family party ready to go. It was really fun to celebrate such a momentous occasion. It really made me think about life a lot, and what really matters. It is so easy for me to get caught up in the little dumb things like how most of my clothes don't fit and how old they are, or how I wish we could live in a nicer place. Obviously those things take up a lot of time because we are always doing bills and budgeting, so how we spend our money is on my mind a lot because we are trying to do the best we can. But when it comes to times like this I like to think about what my life will be like in 25 years. Will I have a grandchild...WEIRD! What will Sydney be doing? What will Matt and I have accomplished by then? How many kids will we have? Where will we be living? How will our families be doing? It really makes me so thankful for family and for the gospel because that is what it is ALL ABOUT! The relationships we have in our life- even the ones that come and go- are what really matter. They are what shape us into who we are. I am so grateful for all of the friends that I have, have had, and will have, and especially for my family. They have all made my life what it is....and it is WONDERFUL!





No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed