Saturday, June 25, 2011

Opinion Please...

So, I've always considered myself a "long hair" person.  I've pretty much always had long hair.  When I was pregnant with Cooper it got really long... like to the point I was hating it.  It seemed too stringy and yucky, (granted I needed a trim and some highlights really bad).  So I cut 10 inches off and donated it.  I loved having shorter hair.  It was so fast to do, and I really do feel like it looked more "stylish."  I've actually been growing my hair out, because I wanted to be able to do more with it.  Has anyone noticed that long hair is totally the trend right now, and so stylish?  Well I see all these people with long hair, and then I kind of miss my long hair, and keep thinking, "I am so a long hair person.  I've always had long hair."  But then the other week, I had to get up early, and get ready early, and have my kids ready... all by 9:00.  It was really hard.  My hair took a long time to do.  And then I thought, "What in the crap am I going to do when I have to be teaching preschool this fall, and have to BE THERE by 9:00 with Cooper dropped off and a babysitter?!  I am going to die!"  So then I thought I should cut my hair.

Well, I have a hair appointment on Wednesday, and I really just can't decide what to do.  I could always wait and cut my hair when school starts, keep it long in the summer (pony tails are good for days at pool), but then it seems like summer is the perfect time to cut your hair short, because it's just so summery.  Or I could just keep growing it out, even when I am teaching, because ponytails really are pretty fast, it just might not get washed mornings I teach :) and then I feel like if I cut it, all this growing out time has been a waste.

Oh, and here is the other kicker.  We are getting family pictures taken at the end of July/beg of Aug (?) with Matt's family.  Last time we did this, I was huge pregnant with Sydney and really looked so bad... like I'm not kidding, I seriously HATE those pictures of me.  So I really don't want to look bad this time!

So here is my question for you, my faithful readers.

Cut it now?
Keep it long?
What looks better?
and WHY?

Seriously... help me out!

Long hair before I cut 10 inches off... keep in mind it REALLY needed a trim and highlights!

Short hair

Where it's at now... and yes, needs at least a trim and highlights...

And if you think of some kind of hair that would just look fab on me, send me a picture.  Ha ha... thanks!


Oh and here are some hair styles I like...




I just don't know if I could pull this off, but I think it is so cute.
And I have had bangs before, and yes I hated them.

Probably my favorite actually
Love this, but I pretty much always love her hair
I would need to keep growing mine out,
and really who's to say it would actually look like this?
Plus, is it just going to take too long to do?


Does anyone else deliberate this much when they make a decision about their hair?

9 comments:

Kjirsten said...

I totally put just as much thought into my hair like that. It's pretty important, I mean it's like the first thing people notice:) This is my thought after looking at your pictures, I think you look older with short hair. All styles look great on you but that was just my thought. Anyway, good luck making a decision and I can't wait to see!

andrewjenniferbang said...

Hey, short hair! You look really cute with it and I think you could pull off the second picture...excited to see what you choose ;)

Erica said...

I'm the same way. And I've taken that short hair picture when I got my hair cut once. Honestly I love having short hair. It's so fun and easy to do. But the best thing about hair is that it will grow out if you hate it :)

Natalie said...

Im going on the opposite of you other opinions because I like to stress you out :) just kidding but LOVE your hair long with the pic of you prego with Cooper. I think it will look great anyway so do what works best for you but I love it LONG

Chelsey said...

I love your hair both ways! But for me whenever I cut it short I think why didn't I do that sooner. I just love how easy out is and how fun it is. I say go short!

Langfamily said...

I like the short hair the best!

Natalie and Nate said...

Ah yes, that's a toughy. I love your hair short. And long. haha I will say having short hair is so much easier to spend lots less time on and it looks done. Know what I mean? I love that about short hair. I want to see what you choose!

janderson said...

You really look great with both long and short. I too deliberate for a very long time about even little changes in my hair, and clothes, and shoes, etc. Maybe enjoy the long a little longer, try fun things like braid pig tails or feather extensions that you can't necessarily do with short hair. Then when the you're finally sick/bored of the long, cut it short and start over!

sarah e. said...

I never can decide either. Your hair really looks cute both ways. I liked the short Reese style. But I really loved your hair in the pic with Cooper too. I do think short is nice in the summer though.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed