Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lisa's Baby Shower

I put together a baby shower for Lisa on Wednesday, while her mom and some other family members were in town.  We had it at Nana and Papa's house and had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures:


The invitation:


Blue, Blue, Blue... and my favorite cookies ever- White Wonders:


  I made my first cake with fondant and it turned out pretty well.  There are lots of pictures of it, because you just have to see all the cute one-sies on it!






Cutest little baby clothes!



This cradle has been apart of our house for 3 years now.  It started out with a PINK mattress cover when I was pregnant with Sydney, and has been in our "master" bedroom the entire time.  I remember dreaming about placing my baby girl in it before she was even here.  Definitely has some sweet memories to go along with it... Matt even slept in it when he was newborn.  The big empty HOLE in our room will take some getting used to!



The baby bump!


Favors!  My brother teased me and said the mints had an after-taste of green beans... I cleaned out the jars very well! :)




We sure are excited to have our first nephew and cousin in September!  I tease Lisa that her pregnancy can go long, because when her little guy is here, my little guy will be one... luckily I will have another little baby to cuddle and hold, and I won't be the one with sleep deprivation.  There is something magical about a first baby.  Not that the 2nd, and I'm sure 3rd and on, are any less loved.  But with the first it just seems so surreal.  I remember being so anxious to get that baby here, but so nervous about how it was going to be.  There is so much to do to get ready for the first, because you literally start from scratch, which is why we do baby showers.  But really, I like to do baby showers more to just celebrate a new family starting.  It is so exciting to watch a family grow!  Families are definitely part of Heavenly Father's plan for us.

Thank you Nana and Papa for letting us celebrate at your house!  You are always so kind and generous to let us do all of our "group" things at your house.  And of course a big congratulations to Chris and Lisa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the favors and cake! Good job!! They are SOO cute!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed