Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

We will just start off by saying... winter is not my favorite time of year. Sure there is nothing like a white Christmas, but Christmas is long gone, time to warm up! I do not like the cloudy, sunless skies. I do not like the freezing cold. I do not like being stuck in a two bedroom apartment all day every day. I just don't like it. Sometimes, when I haven't been out in a while, and when it's been super cloudy and gloomy, it just gets to me. Last week was one of those weeks. I was having a hard time, and Matt knew it. So he sent me these flowers to just say "thanks for all that you do for our family!" Wow, did I marry a great guy or what? I am so grateful to know that Matt supports me in all that I do. Being a stay at home mom is not a glamourous job, and frankly sometimes it is SO HARD! But Matt always reminds me that we are doing the right thing for our family. I love that we have made these decisions together... I really feel like Matt and I make a good team. We both try to support each other and help each other through our hard times, and he is always there to cheer me up! Thank you Matt for always making me feel better!



Valentine's weekend was a good one for us. Matt had his usual Thursday off, and then he took Friday, Saturday, and Monday off. Partly because he was sick, partly so we could go on a date for Valentine's Day, and partly because he could. It was nice to have him home with us for that long! Today we are missing him even more than usual because we enjoyed being together so much!

We spent a lot of time at home, taking turns being sick. All of us have had various stages of fevers, sick tummies, sore throats, coughs, and runny noses. Poor Sydney has had the worst of it, being sick since Thursday and she's still got it. Her appetite is still not back up to par, but her personality is starting to shine through again, so I think she is on the mend. We took her to the doctor on Saturday, and of course they said, "it's just a virus, there's nothing we can do." Ugh! Why on Earth do I even take my kids to the doctor?... that's what they say every time!!! Usually I wait a while before I do take them, because of that very reason, but after 3 days of a fever of 102 I decided it was time. I was just glad to have Matt at home with me for most of the time, because it was much easier with his help. On the bright side, most mom's will tell you, sick cuddles and snuggles are the best! It was so fun to spend the weekend cuddling up all together and watching movies, which is something that our energetic Sydney will just not do!

Matt and I did manage to go on a much needed Valentine's date! Allie came over on Friday to watch both Sydney and Cooper. It was her first time watching both of them, and was such a nice break for us! Matt surprised me with reservations to Market Street Grill, and it was delicious! Then we had to head home because Allie called and poor Cooper would not take his bottle. After a quick feeding, we were on our way again. We went to a movie- Leap Year. It was pretty good and funny. We had such a good time together. I wish we could afford to go on dates more often!

Valentine's Day was a pretty lazy day for us. We started out the day with heart shaped pancakes... yummy! Then Matt went to church to teach our class, while I stayed home with sick kids. When Matt got home he and Cooper enjoyed taking a nap together! Cooper does not get to sleep in Mom and Dad's arms as often as Sydney did, so this was a real treat for both of them...



I enjoyed making valentines with Sydney! We always have fun when we bust out the crayons!



When the boys woke up, we made Cooper's valentine. Things get messy when Daddy helps...



In the afternoon we went over to my family's house. We made some yummy Valentine's sugar cookies and had a delicious dinner...






Then we had fun playing together. Allie, Brett, and Michael got to take turns being the horsie for Sydney. And Sydney had to make sure that Grandma got to ride as well. Allie couldn't quite go anywhere when Grandma got on, but the boys did pretty well carrying them both around :)



Then we made a fort, girls only! We read books, sang songs, and giggled while inside! So fun...




I have always loved Valentine's Day, even though I have not had a "valentine" very often. I think it is such a fun day, and it is important to remember those people you love. Our weekend was filled with love, and even though we were all sick, it was perfect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So fun! Thanks for coming to my shower despite all the sickness you had going on! I love your pics and I think you are a fabulous mother!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed