Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

We had such a great Christmas this year! Matt had Christmas Eve off of work, because Thursdays are his regular day off. So, we spent the day running some last minute errands for Christmas, and then we headed over to Matt's grandparent's house for Christmas Eve festivities. At Nana and Papa's house we had a traditional scones dinner, a small talent show, a gift exchange, and a reading of the Christmas story in Luke with singing. It is always so nice to spend time with family and remember the story of the first Christmas. We brought Sydney's little piano so that she could represent our family with her talent! She sang twinkle, twinkle, little star, while playing the piano. She made our family proud! Then we went home and the kids opened some new pajamas... so cute!



Santa brought us a lot of presents this year! Sydney got some dress ups; a little mixer with some cooking things like measuring spoons, whisks, etc; a chef's hat and apron that matches mommy's; some small Dora things; a Fancy Nancy book; and a couple outfits; plus stuff from grandparents and aunts and uncles! She is a loved little girl!



Cooper got a bumbo, a few small rattles, baby soap, new blankets, a book, binkies, some 3-6 month clothes, some diapers and wipes, and stuff from extended family members...




We woke up at 7, so we would have enough time to enjoy the morning together before breakfast and before Matt had to work. We went into Sydney's room to wake her up, and laid in her bed with her. I asked her if she wanted to go see what presents Santa brought her, and she said "yes" and rolled over. She was very tired, but decided to get out of bed and go see. She walked down the hall and just stared at the presents. I think she was too tired to do anything else :) Then she laid down on the ground and looked at the presents under the tree.



Here's a picture of Sydney showing us the "cheese and yogurt" that Santa put in her stocking. She was pretty excited about it! I love the apron and chef's hat. We call it her cooking hat. She has been having a lot of fun putting her play eggs in her mixer... and making cookies.



We thought Sydney would enjoy some dress ups because she loves to put on my shoes and shirts. I have a picture of her wearing about 5 of my shirts at the same time with my heals on... I think we were right! Sydney has loved having some new dress ups.




Cooper hanging out in the sled...



We went over to my parent's house for a big Christmas breakfast before Matt had to work. So fun and yummy! Then Matt drove my dad's truck to work, so I wouldn't have to drop him off and pick him up, and I hung out with my family all day. When Matt got off of work, we ate a yummy Christmas dinner... ham, patio potatoes, rolls, and jello!


The highlight of the day was talking to our brothers! We called Tim at noon, and were able to talk to him for 2 hours. It was SOOOO good to talk to him and hear how he was doing and learn more about Africa. I have been amazed by how much I miss him. It wasn't as hard for me when Michael left, because he left when my family was living in AZ so I wasn't used to having him around. Anyway, it was fun for everyone to talk to him. Sydney talked to him, which was fun... but Matt wasn't able to talk to Tim because he was at work. Shortly after we hung up with Tim, Matt's family connected us to a 3 way call with Alex, and Sydney and I were able to say hi and have a quick conversation with him. Luckily, Matt was able to say a quick hello to Alex as well, because he called while Matt wasn't on a call at work.

I can hardly believe that Christmas is over! The older I get, the faster time goes... which I don't necessarily like. But, we had a great Christmas. Some highlights of the season include: parties with the Page, McEwan, and Holmes families; Olive Garden and the Nutcracker with Chris and Lisa; making gingerbread houses with the Schones and with the Appels; buying a fresh Christmas tree; shopping for presents; and just spending time with each other!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I love all the dress ups--so cute!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed