Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Birthday

As an adult, your birthday becomes a little less exciting.  I've gotten used to my birthday not being a very big deal, and then when I had Cooper 4 days before my birthday, I got used to it being almost non existent.  It was recognized, of course, but just not in the same way, mostly because we just got done with a more extravagant birthday.  I learned to keep the decorations up from Cooper's party, through my birthday... but that always feels a little funny, that I decorated for my own birthday... haha.  Anyway, I'm totally at peace with my birthday not being a big deal, because really, it's not a big deal, and it doesn't need to be.  So, Matt asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday this year, and I told him I really wanted to go out to dinner.  We made plans to go out to eat on my birthday, and then to go to my sister's powderpuff football game after.  It was so fun!  We went to Asian Star, which is a big splurge for us, so it made me feel so special.  And we went early enough that we pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves, so it wasn't as stressful having our kids with us there.  Plus the food was so yummy!

We decided to sit by each other!  So fun!



The kids were so cute.  Sydney swaddled her baby in the napkin, so Cooper followed suite and swaddled his motorcycle.







 After dinner, we stopped by the cemetery to visit Papa's grave, since we share a birthday, he was definitely in our thoughts that day.  When we got home we walked in and I noticed a little hand written "Happy Birthday" sign on our back door, and I said, "aw!" ... thinking my mom came over and decorated for my birthday.  Then I turned to tell Matt, and noticed our kitchen full of people.  When I saw Alex and Jeff, I realized that Matt had planned this... not my mom.  I was completely surprised!  He got me an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins, something I've always wanted, and got the cutest balloons to decorate with.  It was so fun to have a little party together, and to eat the yummy ice cream cake!  I really felt so special, and am so grateful to everyone for being there, and especially to Matt for planning it!



Cutest flower balloons!

More cute balloons


The cake!  As yummy as I've always imagined!


After we ate our ice cream cake, we headed over to Allie's powderpuff game.  The weather was so perfect, and we had a blast.  It was funny to listen to the commentator... at one point the girls lined up 5 feet in front of the ball, and he had to tease a little about that.  And the "cheerleaders" were the football players, and were hilarious to watch.  Brett was hanging out with his friends near the field, and the kids wanted to go sit by him.  I couldn't resist snapping this picture!  They sure love him!



After we went home, got the kids to bed, and Matt and I watched a movie.  The perfect end to a great day!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed