Thursday, September 1, 2011

Smith and Morehouse

A couple of weeks ago we went up to Smith and Morehouse in the Uinta Mountains to visit my family while they were camping there.  Unfortunately we weren't able to camp at all, but we did love spending a day up there with them.  These mountains hold a very special place in my heart.  I have such fond memories of days at "the cabin."  It is so fun for me to take my kids up there and remember what it was like to be a carefree kid in the mountains!  Plus, it's so nice to get away from all the hustle and bustle and enjoy some time in nature.


Michael brought up his hammocks (from Brazil).  They were the perfect place to relax in the shade, listening to the river.





Allie flipped over while laying in the hammock... funniest thing ever.





The kids loved playing in the river.  We stripped them down to diapers/underwear and t-shirts and let them have at it.   They played in that water all day long.  It is exactly how I remember it as a kid.  Such a rocky river.  We would always build "pools" by damming the river with all the rocks.  Luckily there already was a dam and a pool there just waiting for Sydney and Cooper to play in it.





Sydney and Matt made a boat out of some sticks and leaves.  They would take it up to the top of the slowly moving river and let it come back to the bottom, over and over again.  

Matt dropping off the boat at the top...  I can't get over how beautiful these mountains are!

The boat

Sydney "fishing" with a tree branch


Cooper mid-throw.  He LOVED throwing rocks into the river.


Cooper found this rock, mounted it, and said, "PONY!"  So funny!

I think my favorite part about being away from toys and technology is watching my kids use their imaginations.  I loved watching them play with sticks, rocks, and dirt, and having a blast doing it.  Kids really are so simple and can find fun in anything.  I wish I were more like that.  Also, it is just so nice to remember how beautiful the Earth is that Heavenly Father created for us.  For me, the mountains just help me keep a good perspective on life.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed