Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Allie's Birthday

Allie is now officially 15!  Crazy!  We had a fun little birthday party for her, which turned out pretty good with my family moving all weekend before her birthday.  My mom and I have a lot of fun coordinating colors for Allie's birthdays.  Let's face it, girl colors are so much more fun!  We made her a cute cake.  I've been enjoying learning more about making cakes and trying new things, and I think Allie's cake turned out darling, with some help from my mom of course!  My mom always made cute cakes for me when I was young, so she of course is my inspiration for learning how to do cakes.  I am always trying to be more like my mom.  She keeps such a perfect house, and always makes things look so nice.  I remember making Sydney's cake when she turned one, and I wouldn't even attempt it without my mom coming over to help me and teach me.  Thanks mom!  And thanks Allie for having a birthday so we could celebrate!  Love you!

Isn't Allie so pretty?




Close up of the cake... so cute!

Brett being a dork...

Blowing out the candles... with Sydney's help of course!

5 comments:

Janessa Taylor said...

OK so what are the flowers made out of? Gum paste? Fondant? That is why I don't make cakes anymore...I SUCK at them. Cupcakes are way easier :) Looks awesome!

sarah e. said...

Love the cake! I love pink, orange, and yellow together. Fun combo. Your sister is lucky to have you! And she is a very pretty young lady. :)

Jolynn said...

Aw Thanks Sarah!

Janessa, they are made out of gumpaste. I've heard you can make them out of fondant but that they take longer to dry, so I decided on gumpaste. Your cupcakes are delish! I need to try some new recipes... I always use box cakes.

Chelsey said...

Beautiful cake! What a good sister you are. Happy Birthday to Allie...she is beautiful!!

Janessa Taylor said...

Oh ok :) so I'm at natalie's house and looked up your cake to show her bc she's making one for her niece's bday and she loves it too! But has fondant. Ill let you know how it goes :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed