Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Paddy's

Since Matt and I both have Irish ancestry I decided we should REALLY celebrate St. Patricks Day.  I didn't have a car to go out and do anything exciting, but spicing up our typical day with a lot of green things made it a fun day and a break from the norm.  We started our day with green shamrock pancakes and green milk!  Yum!






For lunch I cut our regular PB&J's into a clover and used our green dishes...




When we woke up from naps, we found Leprechaun footprints all over our house...








And notes that he left us on these shamrocks.  He led us on a treasure hunt instructing us to look for the shamrocks hidden around our house in the order of the colors of the rainbow.



We ended with purple and found a treasure inside this bag... 




We finished the day with some yummy green cupcakes that Grandma made for us!





Other things I loved:  Sydney calling Matt to tell him "Happy Patrick's Birthday!"~ Sydney learning new words like Leprechaun and St. Patricks Day~ Watching Cooper pull Shamrocks off the wall every time he saw one~ and Watching BYU play Wofford... CO COUGARS!

3 comments:

Tori said...

So cute! You are a great mommy! What were the leprechaun footprints done with? Paint?

Jolynn said...

Yes, I just used paint on my washable surfaces!

Janessa Taylor said...

So funny! Love the shamrock pancakes. Claire is looking at the pictures, saying "That's Sydney!" haha. They had a fun time at Ella's b-day party. Yeah, I stayed bc my kid is crazy. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed