Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Dalentimes Day!

I had pretty high expectations for Valentines Day, as I do for almost anything in my life.  I visioned pink, heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast, heart-shaped sandwiches for lunch, and pink juice with heart-shaped ice cubes to go along with dinner.  In my mind, my kitchen was decorated beautifully, with hearts all over, chocolates and yummy valentines treats on the counter, and I was all caught up on laundry, ironing, with a perfectly cleaned house.  Ha ha ha... what can I say, I'm a perfectionist!  Needless to say, with Sydney being sick most of the week prior to Valentines, and Cooper being sick the weekend prior to Valentines, and both Cooper and me being sick on Valentines, most of my plans did not come to pass.  We did make it to our Valentines play group party, mostly because Sydney had been so excited for it.  The kids decorated some cookies together and passed out Valentines to one another.  Cooper was perfect pretty much the whole time.  I gave him an unfrosted sugar cookie and he carried it around, eating it the whole time.  It really took him about an hour to eat it, and he was as content as ever.  Then when his Valentine bag was full, he carried that in one hand and the cookie in the other.  We had a lot of fun at play group, as we always do!  We sure have loved living in this ward!


Decorating cookies

Cookie in one hand, bag in the other

Cooper and Bailey


After play group we all took naps and rested for a few hours.  Then I did make to-die-for- Oreo Truffles, since that was my Valentines gift for Matt, and I got the kitchen table decorated with hearts and candies. When Matt got home we fed the kids some dinner, delivered some valentines, and put them to bed.  Then Matt made a delicious steak dinner with mashed potatoes and asparagus.  It was his valentine gift for me, was my first meal of the day (at 10 pm) and really was SO GOOD.  After dinner we cuddled, watched a movie, and I fell asleep on Matt's chest.


The kids with their valentine boxes/bags

Yum!  Oreo Truffles

Reading my valentines to the kids

Our day was full of runny noses, coughs, a messy house, tons of laundry, lazing around, and pretty much nothing I imagined.  But, it was a perfect Valentines Day, because it was full of LOVE.  I loved hearing Sydney tell everyone "Happy Dalentimes Day!"  I loved watching Cooper walk around eating that cookie at play group.  I loved having Matt come home and take care of his sick wife and kids.  I loved eating dinner with him, just me and him.  I loved falling asleep while watching a movie with him.  There was no pressure to have everything perfect, because we love each other when life doesn't go as planned... which is most of the time :)  To my 3 Valentines: Thank you for making my life lovely! Happy Valentines Day!  I love you!

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Cute! It's too bad we can't schedule illnesses for when they work best for us...which is never! Thumbs up for being sick and still pulling all of that off. Impressive!

Nicole said...

You are such a fun mom and make every holiday look soo fun! Those oreo truffles look soo good!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed