Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stacie's Wedding!

Remember how I sometimes post about my good group of college friends?  Well Stacie got married last Thursday and  luckily we ALL were able to fly down to AZ for the wedding!  It was so fun to be able to spend time all together again!  Since it was just a short trip and Matt had finals and work, I decided to leave Sydney behind and just take Cooper with me.  Sydney stayed at Chris and Lisa's and had a fabulous time.  Every time I would call she would just say hi and give the phone away because she was just too busy having fun to talk! Lisa blogged about her stay here.  I have to admit, it was pretty nice to just have to worry about one kid again, even though I did miss Sydney.  It was Cooper's first trip on an airplane, and he did great both ways.

We all flew down on Wednesday morning and hung out for most of the day, catching up with each others' lives (I don't think we stopped talking the entire trip!) We were able to stay at Kelli's sister Maren's beautiful house because her family was out of town, and it was perfect!  We had Stacie's bridal shower on Wednesday night, which was so fun, and I'm so glad they decided to wait until we were all able to be there and have it the night before her wedding!  Kelli is a pro at putting together things like this, and of course the food was amazing!  I wish I could hire her to come and cook for our family all the time.  I am still craving her fried ice-cream desserts!






Thursday was wedding day!  Stacie and Jesse got married at 4:30 in the afternoon, so it was such a nice, relaxing day!  We got to eat breakfast with Stacie and her family, go see her new apartment, go swimming, and then get ready.  Matt's dad drove to Mesa to watch Cooper while I attended the sealing and the wedding dinner.  It was great to see him, and really nice for Cooper to be able to spend some time with him, since we don't get together very often.  The sealing was beautiful!  It is always nice to attend another sealing in the temple.  It always reminds me of my own, and makes me realize how blessed we are and will be when we keep the covenants we have made with each other.  

After the sealing, we took pictures in the BLAZING 117 degree heat.  It was so hot I think all our eyes were squinty and our smiles kind of funny, because your face just can't be natural in that kind of heat :)  We have all teased Stacie about getting married in Arizona in August.  It would have been really nice to go down there in January and escape the snow!  But as we all have LIVED- we plan our weddings for a time that works, not really around the weather- at least in our LDS culture when we don't have year long engagements.  Stacie was beautiful!  Her dress was so cute, and SO HER!  It was so fun to meet Jesse, and see the two of them together.  


Just finding some shade while we waited in between pictures!




The wedding dinner was awesome!  They had a pasta bar, and an italian soda bar- yummy!  It was decorated beautifully, and even included a little minute-to-win-it competition.  I would expect nothing less from Stacie!  I loved the tents they put up- everything looked so classy, and the cake- so good!

 



Our flights home on Friday came so quickly.  It was a perfect little trip!  It's amazing how fast you have to jump back into life when you get home.  I feel like I've been home for a month!  I think we should do these get togethers more often, because it's kind of like charging my batteries!  Congratulations Stacie!  It was a perfect day and I'm so happy for you two!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

So so fun. Can we go back and do it again this weekend?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed