Monday, August 30, 2010

Eleven Months

One more month, and my baby will be one.  It is just too hard to believe. Every day Cooper is getting closer and closer to toddlerhood, and I can see it, and it kind of makes me sad.  He is just such a good baby, and I enjoy having him be a baby so much.  Maybe because I know what lies ahead, I'm trying to hold on to every ounce of baby I can.  I know he will start telling me no.  I know he will start throwing small fits (or big ones).  I know I will have to potty train him.  I know he will grow up someday and not need his mommy anymore.  I think it is the strangest thing, because with every new thing he learns I have a bittersweet moment.... my baby is learning and growing, and I love it and am excited!  BUT he is learning and growing, and I'm sad.  Maybe it's a mother thing...

When I think of Cooper a few words automatically pop into my head: sweet, good natured, loving, happy, and content.  What more could you ask for?  He is just so darn cute.  I LOVE his bald little head; his blue, blue eyes; his cute, chubby cheeks; the way he crawls around the house, usually following me or his older sister; I love him and even though I'm sad to see him grow so fast, I am excited to see the man he becomes. With his personality, he will be a great friend, father, and husband someday.  I can just picture him being kind and gentle with his kids, but fun-loving at the same time.


Here are 11 things about Cooper at 11 months:

1.  He likes to climb.  He recently learned how to climb onto the dishwasher and can often be found inside baskets.  When playing in the dishwasher, he always chooses one utensil and one plate, so he can hit the plate with the utensil.


2.  He has 3 teeth (2 on the bottom and 1 on the top).

3. When he is concentrating he will stick out his tongue- like his father and sister.

4.  When he eats his "treats" (cheerios, kix, and gerber puffs) he holds a treat tightly in one hand while eating the rest with his other hand.



5.  He really likes to have his little blanket when he sleeps.

6.  He still sucks in his bottom lip.

7. He likes to play in the lint trap on the dryer.

8. He loves books and turns the pages himself... and he likes to eat them.  Our baby books that lasted through Sydney are now showing signs of being chew toys for Cooper.

9.  He almost always crawls around with a toy in each hand.


10. His favorite toys are balls and his little baseball bat.  He likes to crawl around with a ball in one had, the bat in the other, and a ball in front of him.  He'll hit the ball in front of him with the bat, it'll roll forward, he'll crawl to it and hit it again.

11.  He can stand on his own, and will even squat down and stand up again.  Walking is coming up soon!


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed