Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Things

New Books- This past weekend Matt's dad spent a night at our house because he was in town. We picked him up from the airport on Friday night, went out to dinner together, and then came home and spent a little bit of time together. He brought the kids some new books, which they loved! If there is one thing that Sydney loves, and has always loved, it is books! I remember her as a baby sitting and looking through books, so new ones are always fun to have. The kids sure enjoyed spending some time with Grandpa and didn't want to go to bed. Unfortunately they couldn't stay up late because we all had to get up super early to drive to Idaho Falls for a wedding.



New Experiences- While we were at the church for the wedding, we were walking around the halls, when Sydney walked right into the corner of a table. It gave her a small gash in her head that just kept bleeding. It was her first "big" injury (that actually required a band aid) and was the first time that the word "stitches" actually entered my mind. Luckily it wasn't deep enough for stitches. Chris and Lisa had a first aid kit in their car, so we put a regular band aid on it, and headed to Wal Mart to buy some butterfly bandages to pull her skin together so it wouldn't scar. We ended up buying a first aid kit for our car as well- something I would suggest to everyone! Something about an injury to one of my kids, even a small one, just melts my heart. I sure wish I could protect them from everything, but we all know that is not possible. It makes me appreciate our Heavenly Father giving us the opportunity to come to this Earth and learn. I am sure that it is not easy for Him to watch what we go through. On the positive side, it is so neat to watch your child overcome something that is hard for them, or to heal from an injury, and Sydney sure was darling with her little band aid on her head...




New Blog- My mom has been working at Weight Watchers for 17 years now. We put a blog together for her members. I try to update it for her once a week. It has some yummy, low-fat recipes on it. Feel free to check it out! Just so you know, my favorite recipes are: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Lemon Chicken Pasta, and Shepherd's Pie. I would have never known they were low fat, because they are yummy! (Which I can't say about all of them because I haven't actually tasted them all, but hey, I'm sure they are all pretty good if you are on a diet!) http://wwkris.blogspot.com (or Dreams Becoming Reality in my blogroll)

1 comment:

janderson said...

Oh sweet! Gimme recipes!!!!! I love the WW Enchiladas my parents make. Plus I'm SO bored with the old stuff I make.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed