Thursday, April 15, 2010

mmmmm...mush!

A few days ago we started giving Cooper rice cereal for breakfast. Here are a few play-by-play pictures of his first meal. My favorites are of him scowling, like what on Earth is this? and his mouth wide open with mush on his face. He is getting more used to it with every feeding.






In other news, we finally had Cooper's 6 month appointment today. He is doing great! The doctor says he sure knows how to eat! (We already knew that) He also said we have pretty much missed our chance at getting him to take a bottle. So it looks like Cooper will be my side kick till we wean him in 6 more months. Truthfully, I don't mind too much. Matt was in a drawing at work to win a cruise around the Hawaiian Islands, so we had been working feverishly on giving him bottles in order to go on it because it was a sure thing that he would win. Unfortunately, they changed the rules of the drawing, and his chances were slim to none (long story) but we didn't win it, so now Cooper can be one happy baby without us bugging him to take bottles all of the time. I guess we'll wean him straight to sippy cups and plan any dates we try to go on around feeding times... there could be worse things :)






3 comments:

Halvorsen Family said...

Jo,
Cooper is so cute! Both of your kids are, you guys did a great job. I am glad that we found eachothers blogs, so now we can stay caught up!:) I bet St. George was so much fun. Hope all is well.

Kjirsten said...

Your kids are soo... cute. I love to see your blog:) Don't give up on bottles, my son was the same way and I thought @ 4 months when he stopped taking them that we would be attached until he was 1. Fortunately I had a friend work on giving him a bottle first and then he eventually started taking them from me. We started this like a month ago and he is now 8 months old and only nursing in the morning and at night with bottles in between. Just thought i'd let you know that it's not a totally hopeless cause:) We should get together sometime since we live in the same city and our kids are the same age. Maybe with Jen Appel since she in in my neighborhood too:) Somehow I found out that you guys are friends:)

sarah e. said...

What cute kids! I can't believe Cooper is 6 months! We'll be there before you know it.

Maggie was pretty much my little sidekick. We gave her bottles a few times early on, but at four months she stopped taking them. (We probably didn't give them enough to stay used to it.) I didn't mind either. I think nursing is way easier than washing bottles and stuff. And then around seven or eight months you can leave them with some cheerios and juice. I've probably ruined any chance for a bottle with Kate because I haven't tried one yet. I'm too lazy.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed