Monday, September 14, 2009

Summertime

Summer is by far my favorite season. What could be better than hot weather, swimming, long summer daylight hours, bbqs, yummy fresh fruit, fireworks, no school, and all the other good things that come with summer? I am always sad when Labor Day comes around and all the pools close. Sydney and I had a lot of fun this summer swimming at the pool at our apartments. Sydney will come up to me and ask me to go swimming, get her swimming suit, and "nemo pants," and brings me the "block." We went every day the week before Labor Day to make sure and get our time in before the pool closed. Sydney does very well in the water. We bought her floaties at the end of the summer because she didn't want us to hold her. After we got those floaties, she wouldn't even let us touch her, let alone hold her. She'll kick her feet, put her face in the water, and swim! If you've ever taught swimming lessons, you know, that there are 6 year olds who won't do that! So she must take after her parents. I look forward to next summer when we can go swiming again...sure do love it! I'll have to find an indoor pool to go to every once in a while, but it's just not quite the same. Yesterday was a cold day here. Rainy and cold. I am sad to say goodbye to summer. It just never is long enough. Maybe I need to move to AZ where it's pretty much summer year-round...



Last week my toe nails were looking really bad...so Matt helped me paint them, since I can't really do it myself. Sydney really wanted to get hers painted too, so here is a picture of her first "pedicure." She'll stop every once in a while, bend over, point at her toes, and say "pretty," "pink!" Good thing these cute tootsies will be able to enjoy a little bit of sandle weather!



I think that with fall and winter coming, one of my goals (since I will be inside ALL THE TIME) is to be better at making dinner. Last week I attempted making Kelli's rolls, or any rolls for that matter, for the first time! I've always been intimidated to try making rolls for some reason, so it was a big deal for me. They turned out pretty good! Not quite as good as Kelli's but maybe they'll get closer as I make them more often. They sure brought back a lot of good memories for me! I do like baking a lot more than cooking, but the only problem with that is that baking seems to have more fattening results!


4 comments:

Kelli said...

Jo! Those rolls look SO good!! Seriously. It takes some time to master those little twists, but it looks like you did a masterful job of it. I'm so impressed and proud. :)

I agree on the summer thing...I am so sad to see it come to a close. I have come to love hoodies since living here, but even that love doesn't compensate for my loathing of being cold.

Anonymous said...

Yay for summer and Kel's delicious rolls! Those look like the real deal--I'm not great at the knots and yours look awesome!

Chelsey said...

Great job on the rolls! Kelli sure has blessed all of our husbands by always making those rolls for us in college...Hunter loves them too.

And I love fall...summer has to go...way too hot!

dayna said...

Wow Jo I think those rolls look amazing nice job!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed