Monday, September 8, 2008

Lions, Tigers, and Bears!


Over the weekend Matt and I decided to take Sydney to the Hogle Zoo. We thought it would be fun to take her there because she is really into animals. Every time she sees a cat or dog around our apartments she points and goes "oooh, oooh." It is really funny. Anyway, so on Saturday we packed her up and headed for the zoo. We were pretty accurate on our prediction that she would enjoy it. She loved the animals and just the atmosphere. I think her favorite animals were the Meercats (prairie dogs) because there were so many of them, and they would just run all around. She got right up to the glass and loved watching them. It was a really fun day to spend with just the 3 of us! I really enjoyed walking around, and forgot how educational the zoo can be. It has changed a lot since the last time I went, so it was fun to see the new additions. I said to Matt that we need to go at least once every summer. We took a ton of pictures, so here are the best of them!


The famous white alligator... creepy


Sydney is sitting on an 'elephants trunk'... it squirts out water!


Classic zoo picture


The giraffes


Sydney looking at the turkeys


Sydney after the zoo with her souvieneirs... a book, a giraffe stuffed animal, and a t-shirt that says bouncy pouncy tigers on it!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Fun! I went to the Hogle zoo for the first time this summer, and I loved it! It is a very fun zoo, and I took a lot of the same pictures you did! Sydney sounds like she is at a really fun age.

Oh, and funny/ironic about that house in St. George! Melinda's family has a time share in Las Palmas, if that is familiar to you.

Bekah Parker said...

Oh I want to go to the zoo! I always remember it being miserable when I was younger because it was always so so hot. So maybe I can suggest it with the girls and see what they think. Cute pictures too!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed