Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Life is so exciting when you have a new baby because there are so many "firsts." Literally almost every day there is a new "first" for Sydney. This weekend was filled with a lot of big "firsts" which made it all the more special. I LOVE the 4th of July! The 4th and 24th combined are my favorite holidays. I love summer, summer food, summer weather, hanging with the family, swimming, barbeque's, fireworks, and everything about the month of July! Because I love it so much, it was exciting to share some of my favorite things with Sydney.




first parade: When we were younger we used to always go up to my grandpa's cabin for the 4th of July. We would go to the Oakley parade, the Oakley rodeo, roast marshmallows, and play in the mountains all day. So parades are a big memory of mine. We actually didn't plan on going to a parade, but were driving around the mall waiting to eat and stumbled upon one. So we parked and watched a bit of the parade. It was kind of a small parade but fun still the same. So here is Sydney's first parade!











first fireworks:
I absolutely LOVE fireworks! I would 100 times rather go to a big fireworks show than light a few dinky ones in the front yard. Surprisingly enough, I love the crowds. It reminds me of Draper Days, which I loved as a kid.
Someday I want to go to New York for the 4th of July so I can watch the fireworks over the harbor! So we watched the fireworks show in Sandy. It wasn't the best show, but not too bad. Sydney really liked the fireworks at first but got bored with them after a while. I was afraid she would be scared of them because of the noise, but it didn't bother her one bit. Here is Sydney's first fireworks show!












first campfire: On Saturday we went to Courtney and Tyler's house to cook dinner and have a campfire and make s'mores. We did that a lot last summer when I was pregnant with Sydney and this summer Courtney is pregnant. It is funny how the years change so much. We have been waiting for Courtney to have the baby so Sydney can "have a new friend." And next year we will be roasting marshmallows with Sydney and Kate. We rolled Sydney's stroller up next to our chairs and she happily watched the fire and enjoyed being outside- which is her favorite thing. I don't think Sydney has ever gotten sick of being outside- she must take after her mom. Anyway, it was a fun night. Too bad Sydney couldn't have her first s'more, but she did have her first gram cracker and loved it!








3 comments:

Jessica W said...

Jo I love the last pic of you and Sydney, you both look so beautiful!

Kelli said...

Fun! I'm so impressed that Sydney wasn't even scared by the fireworks! It looks like you had a fun 4th!

Bekah Parker said...

So fun! I agree with the whole New York harbor thing. That would be amazing.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed