Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lagoon

Friday was my family's Stake Lagoon Day. Last minute Matt and I decided it would be a fun change of pace to join them in the activities, so we packed up two diaper bags and joined in on the fun. It has been a long time since either of us had been to Lagoon- actually the last time we went was before we were engaged- so there were a few new rides and attractions to see. Sydney actually loved the whole day. She loves being outside and going for walks in her stroller, so it was very fun for her. I decided to not get a pass, but just buy tickets for a few rides, to save a little money, so I went on Rattlesnake Rapids, the Swings, and the Train and Merry-Go-Round with Sydney. Matt went on all the big, scary roller coasters- including Wicked- and the Skycoaster! It was a fun day!



Sydney thinks she is big like us when we let her "drink" from a cup. Somehow she loves it, even though she doesn't even get anything!


Rattlesnake Rapids! You pretty much don't get wet the whole ride until the waterfall at the end...this is just before the waterfall.

This is after the waterfall.


Taking a nap...


Sydney and Allie

Just hanging out


Tilt-a-Whirl...I skipped out on this ride, even though it is wimpy it makes me sick!



Sydney with the fish my mom won for her. She played the "Guess Your Age" game, and walked up with Sydney in the stroller and Allie next to her. The employee guessed her to be 28 years old! If they are within 2 years they win the game...needless to say my mom won, she is 46!


Matt and Tim walking to their death...the Skycoaster!

Flying on the Skycoaster!

They lived to tell the tale!


Waiting to ride the Wild Kingdom Train

Riding the train...Sydney loved it, but I don't think she even saw the animals we drove past. She enjoyed looking at the red bars on the train.


Waving to Daddy on the Merry-Go-Round!

Holding on tight!



We topped the night off with ice cream! Sydney always enjoys ice cream a little too much! We try to be careful with how much we give her, but she always begs...it is hard not to give in to her cute little face!


Sleeping in the stroller after a long day...everyone was still going on rides!

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

Oh I am glad you went to Lagoon! It looks like you guys had fun. Nothing like a day at Lagoon to wear the babies out! Sydney looks so cute!

I can't keep ice cream away from Hunter either. He tried it once and now he demands it!

And you are looking cute Jo! Yellow is a good color for you!

Kelli said...

Oh my word! That looks like a very fun filled day. I can't believe that Matt and Tim did that scary free fall bungee thing. And I wish you would've gone on Wicked so that I could commiserate with you about how frightening it is.

Your family is so fun! I'm glad you got to go!

Unknown said...

Hey Jo this is Allie and Brett. That was so much fun! We need to go to lagoon again. Sydney loved that. We are so glad that you guys could come with us.

Chelsey said...

Yes I am planning on the bees game...it is going to be so fun!

Bekah Parker said...

I love lagoon! What a fun day for all of you. Sydney is adorable by the way:)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed