Monday, June 17, 2013

Brett's Mission Call

My brother Brett is such a stud.  Seriously, I am constantly amazed by him.  He seems to do it all, and do it all amazingly.  He is a star student- great grades, and he will be receiving his associates degree this summer (yes he just graduated from High School).  He has worked so hard in school, many summers taking summer classes, and I am so proud of his work ethic.  He also plays all kinds of sports.  He joins club teams- basketball, baseball, soccer, you name it.  We've loved going to his many games and watching him play.  He also mows lawns to earn some money.  He has quite the social life, and makes sure to make time for friends and fun.  He also is very dedicated to the gospel and magnifies his callings, his priesthood, and makes time for reading scriptures every day.  If there is anyone I look to as a good example of having a balanced life... it is Brett.



Brett's had a couple of busy, accomplished weeks.  We've attended his seminary graduation, his high school graduation, his mission call opening, and his Priesthood Ordination.  Perhaps the most exciting event was his mission call opening.  I've always had a strong testimony of missions, probably because I spent my youth watching my uncles serve missions.  So I have a special place in my heart for missions/missionaries.  It definitely was exciting to find out where Brett would be serving...

We had the map out... with all the guesses...




And about a billion people there... seriously, I've never been to such a crowded mission call opening.  I told Brett, I don't think I have that many friends from my entire lifetime.




Then the big moment arrived...




And he was called to...
ARGENTINA, BUENOS AIRES SOUTH mission!




Sydney cried.  She really wanted him to be called to California so we could visit him when we go to Disneyland.  She sure loves Brett!


Sydney and Brett




There is nothing neater than a call straight from the prophet.




I am absolutely thrilled for you Brett!  I know that you'll be the greatest missionary and we'll miss you to pieces!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed